Country legend Randy Travis has had another setback in his recovery efforts from a stroke and heart trouble this summer.
Fellow country singer and friend Sammy Kershaw revealed on his Facebook page on August 18th that Travis had developed pneumonia while in rehab.
“Olde friend Randy Travis needs our prayers. Had a little setback this weekend. He has developed pneumonia. Let’s rock on for him.”
The latest update on Travis’ health was posted on July 31st when it was revealed he was released from Baylor Heart in Plano, Texas and was relocated to a nearby physical therapy facility.
All health updates will be released through the singer’s website.
Travis may have canceled all tour dates for the imminent future as he is expected to take a long time to recover, but that’s not stopping the singer from releasing his 21st studio album.
Influence Vol. 1: The Man I Am will hit retail outlets on October 1st on Warner Bros. Records. Travis looks back at some of the songs and artists that were instrumental in crafting his musical career, including Merle Haggard, George Jones, Lefty Frizzell, among others.
After releasing his 25th Anniversary Celebration album and going back through his repertoire of collaborations with artists including Zac Brown Band, Kenny Chesney, Don Henley, Alan Jackson, Jamey Johnson, Josh Turner, George Jones, Kris Kristofferson, Tim McGraw, Willie Nelson, Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood, Travis reflected on the icons and their music that have inspired him over the years.
“When I think of my musical heroes of yesteryear, or the younger stars of this year, I am reminded that it is true we learn from the ones ahead of us, and teach the ones that follow. They are the reason I chose to make this album,” says Randy Travis.
Earlier this year, Travis released a duet with Joe Nichols paying tribute to his longtime friend, George Jones, titled “Tonight I’m Playin’ Possum,” which he debuted at the 2013 CMA Music Festival in June.
1. Someday We’ll Look Back (originally performed by Merle Haggard)
2. Big Butter And Egg Man (originally performed by Louis Armstrong & His Hot Five)
3. What Have You Got Planned Tonight Diana (originally performed by Merle Haggard)
4. Ever Changing Woman (originally performed by Merle Haggard)
5. Pennies From Heaven (originally performed by Bing Crosby)
6. Thanks A Lot (originally performed by Ernest Tubb)
7. Trouble In Mind (originally performed by Thelma La Vizzo)
8. My Mary (originally performed by Merle Haggard & Willie Nelson)
9. Saginaw, Michigan (originally performed by Lefty Frizzell)
10. Always On A Mountain (When I Fall) (originally performed by Merle Haggard)
11. (Because) You Asked Me To (originally performed by Waylon Jennings)
12. Why Baby Why (originally performed by George Jones)
13. Tonight I’m Playing Possum (duet with Joe Nichols) – New Track
Author: Buddy Iahn
Accomplished Drummer & Percussionist / Owner & Founder of The Music Universe and Atolma Productions.