For the first time, fans can use the WATCH ABC app for desktop and mobile devices to gain unprecedented access to Country Music’s Biggest Night. The “CMA Awards Backstage” on the WATCH ABC app will feature feeds from exclusive live cameras strategically positioned throughout the event venue, including the red carpet, the audience and backstage. WATCH ABC can be accessed from ABC.com or via the WATCH ABC app, which is free on select Android and iOS devices via Google Play and the App Store.
Sponsored by JCPenney, the “CMA Awards Backstage” on WATCH ABC is designed to be the ultimate complement to the live telecast of “The 48th Annual CMA Awards,” which airs Wednesday, November 5th from 8-11 p.m. ET/PT from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville on the ABC Television Network. Beginning at 6 p.m. ET, WATCH ABC viewers nationwide can choose between three different live feeds that deliver the ultimate red carpet experience:
The JCPenney Red Carpet Lounge: Hosts will talk to the night’s biggest stars and give viewers the low down on all the most anticipated and talked about moments from the red carpet. Hosts include: country music darling Kellie Pickler, winner of Dancing with the Stars Season 16 and finalist on Season 5 of American Idol; emerging powerhouse country music performer Natalie Stovall, lead singer and fiddler for Natalie Stovall and The Drive; Emmy-winning Nashville media personality Kelly Sutton and media personality and former Miss Wisconsin 2009 Alex Wehrley.
- Fashion: Positioned in the paparazzi pit where everyone stops for their must-have, red carpet photo, Miss Tennessee 2013 Brenna Mader offers fashion commentary about the night’s biggest surprises and trends.
- Red Carpet: Unprecedented access to all the most memorable moments along the red carpet during Country Music’s most glamorous night.
- Once the live Awards broadcast begins at 8 p.m. ET, WATCH ABC kicks into high gear as the backstage cameras go live nationwide and the actual Awards telecast live streams in ABC’s eight owned markets.
- JCPenney Backstage Lounge: Hosts Sutton, Wehrley, Mader and contributing host Stovall discuss trending reactions to the most exciting on stage performances and share observations of all the action taking place backstage. Fans can join the social conversation using #CMAawards.
- Audience: Viewers can feel the energy and excitement of the arena and also catch candid moments of their favorite artists as they enjoy the show.
- Backstage: All the best moments from exclusive cameras placed throughout the backstage area
- Show Live Stream: Verified pay TV viewers in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Houston, Fresno, Raleigh-Durham and Philadelphia can access a live stream of the full awards show as part of WATCH ABC’s regular service. Once aired, the full show and pre-show will be available on demand via WATCH ABC for verified viewers for three days.
In the week leading up to the CMA Awards, ABC and JCPenney will be treating fans to an exclusive look into the lives of their favorite country artists with the five-part video series hosted by Stovall, “The Road to the CMA Awards,” which will also be featured on ABC.com and the WATCH ABC app. The series goes behind-the-scenes with Natalie Stovall and The Drive, Thomas Rhett and Dan + Shay as the musicians prepare for the biggest award show in country music. Fans will learn first-hand what it took for these artists to find their voices, and perform for thousands of fans around the world.
The series also features two undiscovered artists Elizabeth Huett and Clayton Anderson, as they receive the chance of a lifetime when JCPenney gives them the opportunity to showcase their talent in a room full of country music’s top executives.
WATCH ABC lets fans watch current episodes of their favorite ABC shows anytime, anywhere on their desktop, smartphone, tablet or connected TV devices. Authenticated viewers who subscribe to a participating pay TV service in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Houston, Fresno, Philadelphia and Raleigh-Durham can also watch a live 24-hour feed of the network and have access to the most recent episodes. Disney/ABC Television Group currently has deals with the following pay TV providers: Comcast, Cablevision, Cox Communications, Charter Communications, DISH, Midcontinent Communications, Verizon FiOS, Google Fiber and AT&T U-verse, among others.
The WATCH ABC app can be found in the App Store and Google Play.
Author: Buddy Iahn
Buddy Iahn founded The Music Universe when he decided to juxtapose his love of web design and music. As a lifelong drummer, he decided to take a hiatus from playing music to report it. The website began as a fun project in 2013 to one of the top independent news sites.