Eighteen track commemorative album captures the indie label’s spirit and sound
In celebration of its ten year anniversary, Average Joes Entertainment will release an exclusive commemorative album, Average Joes Entertainment: 10 Years. The 18 track album, which captures Average Joes’ independent spirit and sound, is set for release October 5th.
Together for the first time on one recording are label artists that collectively have hundreds of millions of YouTube views and streams, and have sold millions of albums. They include the biggest selling hits from Colt Ford, Montgomery Gentry, Bubba Sparxxx, the LACS, Sunny Ledfurd, Lenny Cooper, Moonshine Bandits, Sarah Ross, Cypress Spring and Charlie Farley.
“Over the past ten years, the journey has been everything Colt Ford and I have hoped for and more,” comments label co-founder CEO/President Shannon Houchins on its tenth anniversary. “We are proud of what we have accomplished. As we celebrate our first ten years, we’re excited about what the next ten years will bring. We know one thing for sure; we’ll continue to sail into unchartered waters, expand boundaries and create without limitation.”
Travelling back to where it all began in 2008 with Colt Ford’s smash hit, “Cold Beer” featuring country star, Jamey Johnson, fans will be treated to such mega hits as Ford’s ACM nominated “Dirt Road Anthem,” a No. 1 hit for Jason Aldean written by Ford and Brantley Gilbert; “Drivin’ Around Song,” from Ford’s first No. 1 Billboard country album; “Kickin’ Up Mud,” the song that launched the LACS’ career and continues to soar in both sales and YouTube views; and the LACS’ “Field Party” f/JJ Lawhorn, which spawned a Spotify Playlist of the same name and a brand for this fun-loving party music.
Highlighted tracks and fan favorites also include Lenny Cooper’s, “Mud Digger,” an off-road party staple; multi-platinum selling country star duo, Montgomery Gentry’s, “Where I Come From,” the first Top 10 Billboard single for AJE and first gold album, and the duo’s “Better Me,” an autobiographical snapshot of where Troy Gentry was just prior to his tragic passing in 2017; and AJE’s first West Coast country rap group, the Moonshine Bandits, “We All Country,” featuring Colt Ford, Sarah Ross and Demun Jones.
Major media outlets such as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Rolling Stone and USA Today, have recognized Average Joes as a visionary in expanding country music’s boundaries and reaching new audiences with their unique sound and spirit. This album will be a must have for fans of Average Joes.
1. Cold Beer – Colt Ford f/Jamey Johnson
2. Dirt Road Anthem – Colt Ford f/Brantley Gilbert
3. Kickin’ Up Mud – The Lacs
4. Mud Digger – Lenny Cooper
5. Perfect Girl – JB and the Moonshine Band
6. Nickel Sized Hail & The Damaging Winds – Sunny Ledfurd f/Colt Ford
7. Where I Come From – Montgomery Gentry
8. This Is Our Song (Remix) – Colt Ford f/Bubba Sparxxx, Danny Boone, The LACS, Demun Jones
9. Drivin’ Around Song – Colt Ford f/Jason Aldean
10. Keep It Redneck – The LACS
11. Country Folks – Bubba Sparxxx f/Colt Ford and Danny Boone
12. Field Party – The LACS f/JJ Lawhorn
13. We All Country – Moonshine Bandits f/Colt Ford, Sarah Ross, Demun Jones
14. Backwoods Boys – Charlie Farley f/Daniel Lee
15. Crank It Up – Colt Ford
16. Calm Before The Storm – Sarah Ross
17. Way Of Life – Cypress Spring f/The LACS and Danny Boone
18. Better Me – Montgomery Gentry
Author: Buddy Iahn
Buddy Iahn founded The Music Universe when he decided to juxtapose his love of web design and music. As a lifelong drummer, he decided to take a hiatus from playing music to report it. The website began as a fun project in 2013 to one of the top independent news sites.