Fifth studio album features Lindsay Ell, Colt Ford, Jamey Johnson, Alison Krauss, Lukas Nelson and Willie Nelson
It’s been three years since Brantley Gilbert released an album, and in those three years, the life of the Georgia native has changed dramatically. The man Entertainment Weekly hails for “his swaggering guitars, catchy hooks, and a DGAF attitude,” is approaching life and music a bit differently these days – feeling confident in his relationship with music and with his fans, the BG Nation. The Maysville, Georgia native established who he is on his first four albums and with that came the freedom to go deeper with his fifth studio album, Fire & Brimstone, available everywhere October 4th via The Valory Music Co.
The album reflects life as it stands for Gilbert today: as a husband, father and one of country music’s most honest and talented singer/songwriter/rockers. With 15 songs – all written or co-written by Gilbert – the album includes already-released cuts like the personal ode to his children “Man That Hung the Moon,” the growl-heavy “Not Like Us” and the Top 15-and-climbing collaboration with Lindsay Ell “What Happens in a Small Town.”
The album also features a series of powerhouse collaborations with some of country music’s finest artists such as Willie Nelson, Alison Krauss, Jamey Johnson, Lukas Nelson and Colt Ford.
“I know it sounds crazy, but never did I once bring a lyric sheet into the studio with me,” Gilbert says regarding the recording process for the new album. “I feel like I am at this stage in my career where I am confident enough to let the music take me where it’s meant to go, no matter how down and dirty that might be. There is no doubt that this is the album that allowed me to grow up musically.”
Gilbert recently released the emotional music video for “Man That Hung the Moon.” Directed by Matt Zervos, the video once again shows the sheer electricity of Gilbert’s unrelenting live show along with never-before-captured footage of Gilbert with his family as the hit maker continues to navigate the constant juggling act between being a father and being one of country music’s biggest stars.
Packed to the brim with tenacity, honesty and a rocking backbeat of determination that has set the foundation for a career that has scored him six No. 1 hits including “Country Must Be Country Wide,” “You Don’t Know Her Like I Do,” the CMA Awards Song of the Year nominee “Dirt Road Anthem,” “My Kinda Party,” “Bottoms Up” and “One Hell Of An Amen,” Fire & Brimstone marks ten years since the release of his triumphant debut, A Modern Day Prodigal Son.
Shortly after the album’s October release, Gilbert will set sail for his Second Annual Kick It in the Ship cruise. He will be joined by Chase Rice, LANCO, Diamond Rio, Tyler Farr, Danielle Bradbery, Jon Langston, Colt Ford, Tyler Rich, SixForty1, Trea Landon, Sam Grow, Tyler Braden, Brian Davis, Tyler Booth and more as they rock the high-seas from Miami to Cozumel this November.
Pre-orders come with an instant download of “Bad Boy,” as well as four additional, previously-released tracks from Fire & Brimstone. Additionally, exclusive album bundles are available for pre-order via Gilbert’s website.
1. Fire’t Up (Written by Brantley Gilbert, Brandon Day, Justin Weaver)
2. Not Like Us (Written by Brantley Gilbert, Rhett Akins, Brock Berryhill, Amy Wadge)
3. Welcome To Hazeville (featuring Colt Ford, Lukas Nelson and Willie Nelson) (Written by Brantley Gilbert, Rodney Clawson, Andrew DeRoberts, Colt Ford)
4. What Happens In A Small Town (featuring Lindsay Ell) (Written by Brantley Gilbert, Rhett Akins, Brock Berryhill, Josh Dunne)
5. She Ain’t Home (Written by Brantley Gilbert, Brian Davis, Justin Weaver)
6. Lost Soul’s Prayer (Written by Brantley Gilbert, Andrew DeRoberts)
7. Tough Town (Written by Brantley Gilbert, Blake Chaffin, Andrew DeRoberts, Josh Phillips)
8. Fire & Brimstone (featuring Jamey Johnson and Alison Krauss) (Written by Brantley Gilbert)
9. Laid Back Ride (Written by Brantley Gilbert)
10. Bad Boy Written by Brantley Gilbert, Andrew DeRoberts, Josh Phillips)
11. New Money (Written by Brantley Gilbert, Rhett Akins, Brock Berryhill, Brandon Day)
12. Breaks Down (Written by Brantley Gilbert, Jaida Dreyer, Josh Mirenda, Justin Weaver)
13. Man Of Steel (Written by Brantley Gilbert, Brock Berryhill, Cole Taylor)
14. Never Gonna Be Alone (Written by Brantley Gilbert, Brock Berryhill, Erik Dylan)
15. Man That Hung The Moon (Written by Brantley Gilbert)