Poison frontman Bret Michaels has announced Good Songs & Great Friends as his next solo project via Poor Boor Records. This is his first solo release since 2010’s Custom Built.
The 17 track record will feature guest appearances by a variety of notable acts, including Miley Cyrus and Loretta Lynn, and feature remakes of some of Poison’s biggest hits as well as other covers like “Sweet Home Alabama” and “Margaritaville”. The widely popular “The App Song” and “Get Your Rock On” will be included as well as four to five tracks from previously released solo records.
Amazon has a release date set for February 26th while Bret’s official website states a May/June release. I’m willing to bet his actual website hasn’t been updated and that the album will be released next week. It’s priced at $10 for the physical copy at Amazon; not a deal for a new release. I will review the CD when available.
- Nothin’ But A Good Time (feat. Michael Anthony, Ace Frehley and Lil Jon)
- Get Your Rock On (feat. Phil Collen and Sal Costa)
- Sweet Home Alabama (feat. Gary Rossington)
- The App Song
- Margaritaville (feat. Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band)
- Every Rose Has Its Thorn (feat. Loretta Lynn, Joe Perry and Hugh McDonald)
- You Know You Want It
- Unskinny Bop
- Nothing To Lose (feat. Miley Cyrus)
- Raine (feat. Edwin McCain)
- Driven [Rock Remix]
- What I Got
- Talk Dirty To Me
- Go That Far [Hybrid Mix]
- Party Rock Band (feat. C.C. Deville)
- Every Rose Has Its Thorn [Country Version] (feat. Mark Wills, Chris Cagle, Jay Demarcus and Brad Arnold)
Author: Buddy Iahn
Buddy Iahn founded The Music Universe when he decided to juxtapose his love of web design and music. As a lifelong drummer, he decided to take a hiatus from playing music to report it. The website began as a fun project in 2013 to one of the top independent news sites.