The collaboration album Poison frontman Bret Michaels has been working on for over two years is getting retooled slightly in preparation of its release. Originally titled Great Songs & Good Friends, the rocker has renamed the solo project, Jammin’ With Friends and is adding three additional tracks since the original announcement. The newly titled project is also getting a new release date of June 25th on Poor Boy Records.
Jammin’ With Friends will be Michaels first solo release since 2010’s Custom Built. The 20 track record will feature guest appearances by a variety of notable acts, including Miley Cyrus and Loretta Lynn, and feature remakes of some of Poison’s biggest hits as well as other covers like “Sweet Home Alabama” and “Margaritaville”. The widely popular “The App Song” and “Get Your Rock On” will be included as well as four to five tracks from previously released solo records which seems to be a staple on Michaels’ (and Poison’s) albums.
The album has gone through multiple release dates since its announcement last year. February and May had been announced until finally settling on June 25th. Bret’s 2005 album Freedom Of Sound CD also underwent multiple release date changes before being released exclusively through the singer’s website. No word on the availability of Jammin’ With Friends, but it can currently be pre-ordered through Amazon for $10 or through Bret’s site for $12 (shipping included) with a chance to win a once in a lifetime opportunity to hang privately with Michaels on his tour bus, watch a show from a special location and be presented with one of Michaels’ custom guitars.
- Nothin’ But A Good Time (feat. Michael Anthony, Ace Frehley and Lil Jon)
- Sweet Home Alabama (feat. Gary Rossington)
- Talk Dirty To Me (feat. Mark McGrath and Scot Coogan)
- Get Your Rock On (feat. Phil Collen and Sal Costa)
- Unskinny Bop
- The App Song
- Every Rose Has Its Thorn (feat. Loretta Lynn, Joe Perry and Hugh McDonald)
- Raine (feat. Edwin McCain)
- Driven [Rock Remix]
- Nothing To Lose (feat. Miley Cyrus)
- What I Got
- Go That Far [Hybrid Mix]
- Party Rock Band (feat. C.C. Deville)
- You Know You Want It
- Margaritaville [Recorded Live in Detroit] (feat. Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band)
- Every Rose Has Its Thorn [Country Version] (feat. Mark Wills, Chris Cagle, Jay Demarcus and Brad Arnold) [Bonus Track]
- Something To Believe In [Bonus Track]
- Nothin’ But A Good Time [Bonus Track]
- Get Your Ride On [Bonus Track]
Author: Buddy Iahn
Buddy Iahn founded The Music Universe when he decided to juxtapose his love of web design and music. As a lifelong drummer, he decided to take a hiatus from playing music to report it. The website began as a fun project in 2013 to one of the top independent news sites.