Bruce Springsteen is set to release two new original projects this year: The 2013 MusicCares Person of the Year concert film honoring Springsteen and American Beauty Record Store Day special 12″ EP.
The 2013 MusiCares Person of the Year concert film honoring Bruce Springsteen will be released March 25th on DVD, Blu-ray and via digital download. The sold-out event, which was hosted by Jon Stewart, recognized Springsteen’s extraordinary creative accomplishments as well as his significant charitable work and featured performances by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band in addition to more than a dozen performances of Springsteen’s work by other artists. Columbia Records is proud, through this project, to provide essential support to MusiCares, which ensures that music people have a place to turn in times of financial, medical and personal need.
Then, on April 19th, Springsteen will release American Beauty, a special Record Store Day 12″ vinyl EP from Columbia Records. The EP features four previously unreleased original songs that were considered for the High Hopes album that debuted at #1 on Billboard 200 last month.
1. “Adam Raised a Cain” Performed by Alabama Shakes
2. “Because the Night” Performed by Patti Smith
3. “Atlantic City” Performed by Natalie Maines, Ben Harper and Charlie Musselwhite
4. “American Land” Performed by Ken Casey
5. “My City of Ruins” Performed by Mavis Staples and Zac Brown
6. “I’m On Fire” Performed by Mumford and Sons
7. “American Skin (41 Shots)” Performed by Jackson Browne and Tom Morello
8. “My Hometown” Performed by Emmylou Harris
9. “One Step Up” Performed by Kenny Chesney
10. “Streets of Philadelphia” Performed by Elton John
11. “Hungry Heart” Performed by Juanes
12. “Tougher Than the Rest” Performed by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
13. “The Ghost of Tom Joad” Performed by Jim James and Tom Morello
14. “Dancing in the Dark” Performed by John Legend
15. “Lonesome Day” Performed by Sting
16. “Born in the USA” Performed by Neil Young with Crazy Horse
17. “We Take Care of Our Own” Performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
18. “Death to My Hometown” Performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
19. “Thunder Road” Performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
20. “Born to Run” Performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
21. “Glory Days” Performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band & cast ensemble
1. “American Beauty”
2. “Mary Mary”
3. “Hurry Up Sundown”
4. “Hey Blue Eyes”
Springsteen just reissued ten albums, five classic and five current, Mastered For iTunes. The five early albums were transferred from analog tape to digital media with remastering done by Bob Ludwig under the supervision of Springsteen and engineer Toby Scott using a new audio technology that is capable of repairing pitch and timing errors embedded in analog recordings for improved definition.
Author: Buddy Iahn
Buddy Iahn founded The Music Universe when he decided to juxtapose his love of web design and music. As a lifelong drummer, he decided to take a hiatus from playing music to report it. The website began as a fun project in 2013 to one of the top independent news sites.