Project features duets with John Legend, Kristin Chenoweth, Gloria Estefan, Johnny Mathis and Calum Scott
Capitol Records, in conjunction with King Cole Partners, LLC, will release A Sentimental Christmas with Nat “King” Cole and Friends: Cole Classics Reimagined on October 29th on CD and LP. An exclusive Rudolph Red vinyl will be available at Walmart.
The album’s lead single “The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire),” a virtual duet with 12x GRAMMY Award-winner John Legend, is available now at all DSPs. First recorded by Cole in 1946, this year marks the 75th anniversary of the beloved holiday classic.
This unique holiday album weaves Cole’s unparalleled, beautifully restored vocals with new arrangements and contemporary artists to create a collection of beautiful sentimental duets of holiday classics. The album features duets with Kristin Chenoweth, Gloria Estefan, John Legend, Johnny Mathis, and Calum Scott.
Co-produced by Jay Landers and GRAMMY Award winner and Oscar nominee Jorge Calandrelli, who also arranged and conducted, the album’s material was sourced from Cole’s timeless album, “The Christmas Song,” and other recordings from his esteemed catalog. The album was co-produced, mixed, and mastered by multi-GRAMMY-winning engineer and mixer Dave Reitzas (Natalie Cole, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion). Reitzas was responsible for mixing the historic Grammy-winning virtual duet, “Unforgettable,” by Natalie and Nat King Cole.
CD | LP | Walmart Exclusive LP
1. Deck the Hall/Joy to the World (duet with Johnny Mathis)
2. O Come All Ye Faithful (Adeste Fideles)/The First Noel
3. The Very Thought of You (duet with Kristin Chenoweth)
4. Auld Lang Syne (Interlude)
5. (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons
6. O Holy Night (duet with Calum Scott)
7. O Little Town of Bethlehem/Silent Night
8. We Wish You a Merry Christmas (Interlude)
9. A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square (duet with Gloria Estefan)
10. The Little Boy That Santa Claus Forgot
11. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on An Open Fire) (duet with John Legend)