“In The Sweet By and By” featured on Country Faith Bluegrass
Dolly Parton has released a never-before-heard rendition of the old gospel hymn “In The Sweet By And By” with Cordle, Jackson, Salley & Walker. The song is featured on Country Faith Bluegrass, a 14 song collection featuring eight new recordings and six classics performed by some of the top names in music. The set will be released on September 17th from Billy Blue Records.
Produced by GRAMMY-nominated producer Jerry Salley, who along with Carl Jackson, Larry Cordle and Bradley Walker accompany Parton on the track to sing harmony vocals as a bluegrass quartet, the song is reminiscent of an acoustic Jordanaires. “I will forever be grateful to Dolly for trusting me and allowing me to work with her on this project,” shares Salley.
Country Faith Bluegrass also features the first collaboration between IBMA Female Vocalist of the Year Dale Ann Bradley and multi-GRAMMY-nominated family group The Isaacs on their new swampy version of “Working on a Building.” Additionally, the album contains The Steeldrivers’ debut gospel recording, “River of Forgiveness,” written by Steeldriver fiddle player and vocalist Tammy Rogers-King and Salley.
Salley also joins Shenandoah’s lead singer Marty Raybon on “My Future Ain’t What It Used to Be.” There are more originals on the album like “Walk with Me,” recorded and co-written by country music newcomer Caeland Garner with 2014 and 2018 IBMA Entertainer Of The Year recipients Balsam Range. Additional new arrangements include “Shall We Gather at the River” by bluegrass Hall of Fame member Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver, “Rank Strangers” by the 2019 IBMA Entertainers of The Year Joe Mullins & The Radio Ramblers and “Drifting Too Far from the Shore” by Grand Ole Opry favorites Darin & Brooke Aldridge.
Additionally, Country Faith Bluegrass offers previously released recordings by iconic country artists such as Patty Loveless & Ricky Skaggs, Vince Gill and Charlie Daniels featuring Mac Wiseman & The Whites as well as bluegrass legends Alison Krauss & The Cox Family, The Del McCoury Band and Dailey & Vincent.
The 14-song collection was executive produced by Deborah Evans Price, Danny McGuffey and Dottie Leonard Miller and produced by Salley. Physical copies of Country Faith Bluegrass will be exclusively available in Cracker Barrel Old Country Store locations.
1. All Prayed Up – Vince Gill from the album All Prayed Up
2. In the Sweet By and By – Dolly Parton with Cordle, Jackson, Salley & Walker [New Recording]
3. Shall We Gather at the River – Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver [New Recording]
4. Will There Be Any Stars? – Alison Krauss & The Cox Family from the album I Know Who Holds Tomorrow
5. My Future Ain’t What It Used to Be – Marty Raybon & Jerry Salley [New Recording]
6. By the Mark – Dailey & Vincent from the album Dailey & Vincent
7. Working on a Building – Dale Ann Bradley ft. The Isaacs [New Recording]
8. I’m Bound for the Land of Canaan – The Del McCoury Band from the album The Promised Land
9. Rank Strangers – Joe Mullins & the Radio Ramblers [New Recording]
10. Daniel Prayed – Patty Loveless & Ricky Skaggs from the album Mountain Soul
11. River of Forgiveness – The SteelDrivers [New Recording]
12. Walk with Me – Caeland Garner ft. Balsam Range [New Recording]
13. Drifting Too Far from the Shore – Darin and Brooke Aldridge ***
14. Walking in Jerusalem (Just Like John) – Charlie Daniels ft. Mac Wiseman & The Whites from the album Songs from The Longleaf Pines