Eric Clapton Life In 12 Bars tells an in-depth retrospective with rare archive footage featuring audio interviews. Directed by Academy Award winner Lili Fini Zanuck, the raw and unflinchingly honest Clapton discusses his career and his turbulent personal life. The set will be available on Blu-ray and DVD June 8th.
UMe will release the complementary Original Soundtrack to Life In 12 Bars on 2 CD and digitally on June 8th with a 4 LP set coming July 20th. The set comprises 32 tracks spanning Clapton’s long and illustrious career, including recordings by The Yardbirds, John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers, Cream, Blind Faith, Derek and the Dominos, The Beatles, George Harrison, Aretha Franklin, Muddy Waters and Clapton’s solo work. Five tracks are previously unreleased, including the first ever release of the entire full length recording of “I Shot The Sheriff,” recorded during the sessions for 461 Ocean Boulevard.
Eric Clapton, is an 18-time Grammy Award winner. He has received four Ivor Novello Awards from the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors, including the Lifetime Achievement Award and a Brit Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music. He is the only ever three-time inductee to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
He appears in Rolling Stone magazines “100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time” and Time magazines “Top 50 Guitarists of All Time.”
In his solo career, Clapton has sold more than 130 million records worldwide. In 1998 Eric Clapton founded the Crossroads Centre, an addiction treatment center on the island of Antigua.
- Big Bill Broonzy: Backwater Blues (4.07) The Big Bill Broonzy Story 1957
- Muddy Waters: My Life Is Ruined (2.38) Chess single 1953
- Muddy Waters: I Got Mojo Working (4.28) Live At Newport Jazz Festival 1960
- The Yardbirds: I Wish You Would (2.19) – studio version
- The Yardbirds: For Your Love (2.30) For Your Love 1965
- John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers: Steppin’ Out (2.29) John Mayall Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton 1966
- John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers: All Your Love (3.37) John Mayall Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton 1966
- Cream: I Feel Free (2.57) Fresh Cream 1966
- Cream: Strange Brew (2.50) Disraeli Gears 1967
- Cream: Sunshine of Your Love (4.12) – studio version
- Aretha Franklin: Good to Me As I Am To You (3.58) Lady Soul / Recorded on December 16 and 17, 1967
- Cream: Crossroads live (4.18) Wheels Of Fire / Recorded 10 March 1968 at Winterland, San Francisco, CA16
- The Beatles: While My Guitar Gently Weeps (4.45) The Beatles / Recorded 5–6 September 1968
- Cream: Badge (2.48) Goodbye / Recorded October 1968 at IBC Studios in London
- Cream: White Room live (5.41) Live Cream II / recorded October 4, 1968 at the Oakland Coliseum Arena
- Cream: Spoonful (17.27) live from Goodbye tour – LA Forum October 19, 1968 previously unreleased
- Blind Faith: Presence Of The Lord (4.52) – studio version
- Delaney & Bonnie & Friends featuring Eric Clapton: Comin’ Home (7.51) Live at Fairfield Halls
- Eric Clapton: After Midnight (3.25) alternate mix from Eric Clapton (first album) 1970
- Eric Clapton: Let It Rain (5.00) alternate mix from Eric Clapton (first album) 1970
- Derek and The Dominos: High (3.10) (Olympic Studios, April 1971) Derek and The Dominos album previously unreleased
- George Harrison: My Sweet Lord (4.44) All Things Must Pass 1970
- Derek and The Dominos: Thorn Tree In The Garden (2.55) Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs 1970
- Derek and The Dominos: Nobody Knows You When You’re Down And Out (5.01) Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs 1970
- Derek and The Dominos: Bell Bottom Blues (5.08) Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs 1970
- Derek and The Dominos: Layla (7.10) Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs 1970
- Derek and The Dominos: Little Wing (6.11) Live At The Fillmore 1970
- Derek and The Dominos: Got To Get Better In A Little While (6.05) – studio version
- Eric Clapton: I Shot The Sheriff (6.54) previously unreleased full length version from 461 Ocean Blvd 1970
- Eric Clapton: Little Queenie live (6.00) Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, California, July 19/20, 1974 previously unreleased
- Eric Clapton: Mainline Florida (4.08) 461 Ocean Boulevard 1974
- Eric Clapton: Tears In Heaven (4.31) – studio version
Author: Buddy Iahn
Buddy Iahn founded The Music Universe when he decided to juxtapose his love of web design and music. As a lifelong drummer, he decided to take a hiatus from playing music to report it. The website began as a fun project in 2013 to one of the top independent news sites.