Country music icon Hank Williams Jr. has announced that his new album, It’s About Time, will be released January 15, 2016 on Nash Icon Records. On November 4th, the superstar will world premiere his lead single, “Are You Ready for the Country” featuring Eric Church, across Cumulus stations nationwide. That evening, the pair will open the 49th Annual CMA Awards with the new collaboration during “Country Music’s Biggest Night,” airing live on ABC at 8/7c.
Beginning November 1st through December 1st, fans are encouraged to visit HANKandERIC.com for a chance to win a guitar signed by Hank which he will play during the CMA Awards performance. The winner of the #HANKandERIC sweepstakes will be announced on December 4th via social media.
“Are You Ready for the Country,” written by iconic singer/songwriter Neil Young and previously recorded by William’ mentor Waylon Jennings, will be available across digital retailers on November 4th. Fans can also digitally pre-order the album on this date and will receive four instant grat tracks during December and January prior to the album’s release.
“I could not be happier to be working with Scott Borchetta and the team at BMLG,” said Williams. “The support they have shown this album has been tremendous and I am so excited for the fans to hear the new stuff.”
GRAMMY Award winner and Oscar nominee Julian Raymond (Glen Campbell, Cheap Trick) produced IIt’s About Time, featuring re-recorded versions of classics like “Mental Revenge” and “Born to Boogie” with Brantley Gilbert & Justin Moore and featuring Brad Paisley on guitar, as well as new tunes Williams solely penned such as “Dress Like an Icon,” “Just Call Me Hank” and “It’s About Time.”
- Are You Ready for the Country featuring Eric Church (Neil Young)
- Club U.S.A. (Tony Stampley, Bonnie Swayze)
- God Fearin’ Man (Chris Janson, Brandon Kinney, Kendell Marvell)
- Those Days Are Gone (Chris Janson, Brice Long, Terry McBride)
- Dress Like An Icon (Hank Williams Jr.)
- God and Guns (Mark Stephen Jones, Travis Meadows, Bud Tower)
- Just Call Me Hank (Hank Williams Jr.)
- Mental Revenge (Mel Tillis)
- It’s About Time (Hank Williams Jr.)
- The Party’s On (Hank Williams Jr., Joe Kent, Tony Stampley)
- Wrapped Up, Tangled Up in Jesus (God’s Got It) (Reverend Charlie Jackson)
- Born to Boogie featuring Brantley Gilbert, Justin Moore and Brad Paisley (Hank Williams Jr.)
It’s About Time is Willams’ 37th album in his five-decade career. He continues to add accolades to an extremely impressive resume, which has spawned 70 million albums sold worldwide, 20 gold albums, six platinum albums and 13 chart-topping albums. Hank has been named ACM Entertainer of the Year, CMA Entertainer of the Year and BMI Icon in addition to winning a GRAMMY and being inducted into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame.