Country music’s hit-maker, Ross Copperman re-imagines biggest country chart-toppers from the 1990’s for the family
Conceived and crafted by award-winning hit songwriter and producer Ross Copperman, BBR Music Group/BMG announces Homegrown Kids’ ‘90s Country. The compilation album featuring children performing ten of the biggest country hits from the 1990’s, will be released June 28th. Fans can get a preview of the project with “Should’ve Been a Cowboy” everywhere digitally now.
“There is such a resurgence in ’90’s country right now because it celebrates so many timeless themes and the energy of the kids and the love of that music of the parents is something that families can enjoy together,” states Copperman, executive producer of the Homegrown Kids.
‘90s Country is the sequel to Homegrown Kids Country, Vol 1, Copperman’s first project of this nature, which featured kids singing a fun mix of current chart-toppers and longtime favorites, all in family-friendly style. Inspired by his own kids love of music, Copperman paired a diverse troop of some of the best youth vocal talent with Nashville’s world-class musicians and studios to highlight each song’s essence in unexpected ways. Armed with the goal of creating a product that parents can be proud to leave on repeat, Copperman hand-selected songs that were not only are some of the most popular songs in country music in the ‘90s, but most songs are embedded with a positive message – perfect for bringing families together and inspiring children to make their world a better place.
At the helm of the Homegrown Kids is one of the most prolific and influential songwriters working in country today. Copperman is a skilled tunesmith with nearly twenty country No. 1 hits to his credit and has produced chart-topping hits for Dierks Bentley, Brett Eldredge, Jake Owen, Keith Urban and many more. He is the reigning BMI Songwriter of the Year (2016 and 2017) and the winner of five CMA Triple Play Awards (CMA honor for songwriters who have penned three No. 1 songs in a 12-month period).
- Wide Open Spaces — (The Dixie Chicks: Susan Gibson)
- Should’ve Been a Cowboy — (Toby Keith: Toby Keith)
- Meet in the Middle — (Diamond Rio: Chapin Hartford, Jim Foster, Don Pfrimmer)
- The River — (Garth Brooks: Garth Brooks, Victoria Shaw)
- John Deere Green — (Joe Diffie: Dennis Linde)
- Down on the Farm — (Tim McGraw: Jerry Laseter, Kerry Kurt Phillips)
- Heartland — (George Strait: Steve Dorff, John Bettis)
- Happy Girl — (Martina McBride: Beth Nielsen Chapman, Annie Roboff)
- Love Can Build a Bridge — (The Judds: John Jarvis, Naomi Judd, Paul Overstreet)
- Life’s a Dance — (John Michael Montgomery: Allen Shamblin, Steve Seskin)
Author: Buddy Iahn
Buddy Iahn founded The Music Universe when he decided to juxtapose his love of web design and music. As a lifelong drummer, he decided to take a hiatus from playing music to report it. The website began as a fun project in 2013 to one of the top independent news sites.