SiriusXM has announced that it will broadcast concerts, DJ sets and special performances live on New Year’s Eve featuring Jimmy Buffett, Willie Nelson, Gregg Allman and more.
SiriusXM’s New Year’s Eve Live Concert Lineup Includes:
- Dead & Company at the Forum in Los Angeles—airing live on SiriusXM’s Grateful Dead Channel
- Jimmy Buffett at the Barclay’s Center in Brooklyn – airing live on SiriusXM’s Radio Margaritaville
- Willie Nelson from Austin City Limits Live at The Moody Theater in Austin – airing live on SiriusXM’s Willie’s Roadhouse
- Morrissey at the Galen Center in Los Angeles – airing live on SiriusXM’s 1st Wave
- Gregg Allman at the Atlanta Symphony Hall in Atlanta – airing live on SiriusXM’s Classic Vinyl
- Widespread Panic at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta – airing live on SiriusXM’s Jam_On
- Southside Johnny from the Court Basie in Red Bank, NJ – airing live on SiriusXM’s E Street Radio
- KC & The Sunshine Band from the Thunder Valley Casino Resort in Lincoln, CA – airing live on SiriusXM’s 70’s on 7
- Countdown in San Bernardino—live DJ sets by Carnage, Flux Pavilion, Yellow Claw, Pierce Fulton, Baggi, The Chainsmokers and Kaskade—airing live on Electric Area
SiriusXM will also broadcast classic New Year’s Eve concerts including Pearl Jam at the Academy in New York City in 1992 on Pearl Jam Radio; Bruce Springsteen at the Tower Theater in Upper Darby, PA in 1975 and at Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY in 1980 on E Street Radio; and Elvis Presley at the Civic Center Arena in Pittsburgh, PA in 1976 on Elvis Radio.
SiriusXM’s The Pulse channel will air “Live in the Vineyard Concert,” exclusive performances from vineyards around the valley and the Uptown Theatre, featuring performances by Rob Thomas, Barenaked Ladies, American Authors, James Bay, A Great Big World and For King & Country.
Additionally, SiriusXM will air year end countdown specials across fourteen music channels, including Alt Nation, Octane, SiriusXMU, Hits 1, The Pulse, BPM, Chill, Shade 45, The Highway and more, featuring the biggest songs of 2015.
Pitbull’s Globalization, SiriusXM’s exclusive channel in partnership with Pitbull, will feature Pitbull’s New Year’s Mega Mix, which includes more than 60 hours of exclusive DJ mixes created just for New Year’s; 1st Wave will air a special New Year’s edition of its Safety Dance mix show featuring 17 hours of new wave dance mixes.
SiriusXM will also launch a limited-run party music channel on New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Nation. The limited-run channel is the ultimate soundtrack to New Year’s Eve parties around the country and will feature the biggest, upbeat party hits from genres across SiriusXM’s music platform.
New Year’s Nation, which will be available on channel 18 and via the SiriusXM app for smartphones and other connected devices and online at siriusxm.com, Thursday, December 31st at 12 pm through Saturday, January 2nd at 3 am ET.
Author: Buddy Iahn
Buddy Iahn founded The Music Universe when he decided to juxtapose his love of web design and music. As a lifelong drummer, he decided to take a hiatus from playing music to report it. The website began as a fun project in 2013 to one of the top independent news sites.