Two CD set features both Kelsea and Ballerini albums
Kelsea Ballerini is releasing a special Target edition of her 2020 albums, Kelsea and Ballerini. The 2 CD collection features 26 songs with deluxe booklet on October 16th via Black River Entertainment. Kelsea was released on March 20th, at the start of the pandemic, while Ballerini was released on September 11th, after the singer was inspired to recut the 13 Kelsea tracks.
Ballerini is credited with writing or co-writing all of the songs on the projects. The songs are an introspective look into the emotions of the last two years of her life. Using songwriting as therapy, she explores everything from social anxiety to the importance of real friendships to new perspective on old heartbreaks to the realization that even the most independent, stubborn people need someone sometimes. The writing credits on this album are, in her words, “pretty RAD”. In addition to Nashville royalty Shane MacAnally, Hillary Lindsay and Ashley Gorley, she wrote with Ed Sheehan, Tayla Parx, and Julia Michaels.
Kelsea features collaborations with Halsey and Kenny Chesney. Ballerini features the same 13 songs on Kelsea with different keys, tempos, melodies, lyrics and production. She intentionally changed each song to make the lyrics hit differently.
CD 1: kelsea
3. homecoming queen?
4. the other girl (with Halsey)
5. love me like a girl
6. love and hate
8. hole in the bottle
9. half of my hometown (feat. Kenny Chesney)
10. the way i used to
12. a country song
CD 2: ballerini
1. overshare (ballerini album version)
2. club (ballerini album version)
3. homecoming queen? (ballerini album version)
4. the other girl (ballerini album version)
5. love me like a girl (ballerini album version)
6. love and hate (ballerini album version)
7. bragger (ballerini album version)
8. hole in the bottle (ballerini album version)
9. half of my hometown (ballerini album version)
10. the way i used to (ballerini album version)
11. needy (ballerini album version)
12. a country song (ballerini album version)
13. la (ballerini album version)
Author: Buddy Iahn
Buddy Iahn founded The Music Universe when he decided to juxtapose his love of web design and music. As a lifelong drummer, he decided to take a hiatus from playing music to report it. The website began as a fun project in 2013 to one of the top independent news sites.