Legacy Recordings, the catalog division of Sony Music Entertainment, will celebrate the 80th birthday of American music legend Kris Kristofferson with the release of The Complete Monument & Columbia Album Collection, a 16 CD deluxe box set, on Friday, June 10th.
The most comprehensive Kris Kristofferson musical library ever assembled, The Complete Monument & Columbia Album Collection brings together 11 essential studio albums, recorded by the artist from 1970 through 1981, individually packaged in a facsimile sleeve reproducing the original album artwork. In addition, the boxed set includes five bonus discs of unreleased and hard-to-find live and studio material drawn from Kristofferson’s extraordinary golden era with the Monument and Columbia Records labels. Bonus material includes three highly-collectible concert recordings (two of them previously unreleased) from 1970-1972 and two full discs of rarities featuring non-LP singles, studio outtakes, rare appearances, previously unavailable demos and more.
The Complete Monument & Columbia Album Collection box set includes a deluxe booklet featuring essays and liner notes penned especially for this anthology: 1) an introduction to Kristofferson written by Fred Foster, the visionary founder of Monument Records who signed Kris as a songwriter to Combine Music and a recording artist for Monument, who released his debut album in 1970; 2) an aesthetic appreciation of the artist–“Kris Kristofferson True American Hero””–by famed musician/producer Don Was; and 3) a revelatory and insightful portrait of Kris Kristofferson and his music from acclaimed American writer and journalist Mikal Gilmore.
Kris Kristofferson – The Complete Monument & Columbia Album Collection
- Kris Kristofferson
- The Complete Monument & Columbia Album Collection
- Kristofferson (Monument, 1970)
- The Silver Tongued Devil and I (Monument, 1971)
- Border Lord (Monument, 1972)
- Jesus Was a Capricorn (Monument, 1972)
- Spooky Lady’s Sideshow (Monument, 1974)
- Breakaway—Kris Kristofferson & Rita Coolidge (Monument, 1974)
- Who’s To Bless…and Who’s To Blame (Monument, 1975)
- Surreal Thing (Monument, 1976)
- Easter Island (Monument/Columbia, 1978)
- Shake Hands With The Devil (Monument/Columbia, 1979)
- To The Bone (Monument/Columbia, 1981)
- Live At The Big Sur Folk Festival (recorded 1970, previously unreleased)
- The WPLJ-FM Broadcast (recorded 1972, previously unreleased)
- Live At The Philharmonic (recorded 1972/released 1992)
- Extras (previously released non-LP singles, outtakes and appearances)
- Demos (previously unreleased)
Author: Buddy Iahn
Buddy Iahn founded The Music Universe when he decided to juxtapose his love of web design and music. As a lifelong drummer, he decided to take a hiatus from playing music to report it. The website began as a fun project in 2013 to one of the top independent news sites.