What A Song Can Do (Chapter One) available June 25th
With a renewed sense of inner strength and hope, the multi-platinum band Lady A announce details behind their upcoming What A Song Can Do (Chapter One) collection, set to be released June 25th via BMLG Records. After spending last year in rediscovery mode while recommitting themselves to their original intention, the trio emerged with a new, refined vision. The seven-track ensemble, produced by Dann Huff and with each track penned by at least one member, reinvigorates their signature rich vocal harmony, vivid emotional writing and a smooth fusion of country, rock and pop. The new music is not dedicated to the struggles of 2020, but it was born alongside them and adds a layer of uplifting depth to Lady A’s catalog. The set will be available for pre-order this Friday, June 11th alongside its gentle and wise new track “Things He Handed Down.”
“There’s an interdependence that we have with each other, and music is at the center of that to me,” Hillary Scott shares. “We are all living in the now together…we’re all a work in progress, and that is what we wanted to share with these songs on the first chapter.”
The set also includes the lead off single, “Like A Lady,” the danceable throwback anthem and a dressed-down message of female independence.
With a renewed appreciation for their music and the friendship that made it possible, Lady A offers an honest self examination while striving to be present and preaching empowered affirmation, all with the sonic blend they’re best known for. Together, they explore musically through a pure-country lens of love, loss and laughter. The quintessential Lady A title track opens the trio’s hearts to a fresh start, while songs like “Talk of This Town” and “Fire” use third degree romantic burns as a metaphor for adversity. “Worship What I Hate” takes a brutally-honest look at who we become if we’re not paying attention and “Chance of Rain” reminds us not to play it safe in matters of life and love. The gentle “Things He Handed Down” dusts off some heirloom wisdom, questioning how it’s put to use.
The trio is set to return to the road this July with the 34 date What A Song Can Do Tour. A portion of the ticket sales will go towards LadyAID, the group’s philanthropic fund which supports initiatives around the world ranging from helping vulnerable children, societal and cultural issues, as well as natural disaster aid and recovery.
1. Talk of This Town (Written by Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Nicolle Galyon, Jordan Reynolds)
2. What A Song Can Do (Written by Charles Kelley, Sam Ellis, Ryan Hurd, Laura Veltz)
3. Like A Lady (Written by Hillary Scott, Dave Barnes, Michelle Buzz, Martin Johnson, Brandon Paddock)
4. Things He Handed Down (Written by Charles Kelley, Thomas Rhett, Julian Bunetta, Jesse Frasure)
5. Fire (Written by Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Justin Ebach)
6. Chance of Rain (Written by Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Topher Brown, Justin Ebach)
7. Worship What I Hate (Written by Dave Haywood, Hillary Scott, Natalie Hemby, Amy Wadge)