Full length is expansion of summer EP
Lady A has announced the full length What A Song Can Do on CD and LP for October 22nd via BMLG Records. The set expands the June seven song EP release of What A Song Can Do (Chapter One) with seven additional tracks, including “Friends Don’t Let Friends” featuring Carly Pearce, Thomas Rhett and Darius Rucker.
Working again with producer Dann Huff, the 14 tracks reinvigorate the band’s signature sound – a captivating fusion of rootsy pop and electrifying harmony that has dominated charts for more than a decade. The album is a love letter to fans – steeped in music’s power to get us through, as their new album feels like a reawakening, and to Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley and Hillary Scott, the road ahead looks better than ever.
“We’ve rediscovered our purpose, and it’s to entertain and spread a positive message – I really truly believe that,” Kelley shares. “I want our legacy to be songs that make people feel good. But, I also think there’s more to our story that hasn’t been written yet.”
As their fun loving Top-15-and-rising lead single “Like a Lady” stresses self-acceptance and female empowerment, “You Keep Thinking That” puts Scott’s sweet yet sassiness on blast, further amplifying her self-made message. Always up for a good time, Thomas Rhett, Darius Rucker and tour mate Carly Pearce offer support in the trio’s twang-rocking first true collaboration, “Friends Don’t Let Friends.” Additionally, Haywood steps to the mic for his first-ever lead vocal on the devoted “Working On This Love” as it finds him delivering a tender acoustic poem written solo for his wife, Kelli. The set ends on a romantic sway with “Swore I Was Leaving,” which was the first song the trio wrote for What A Song Can Do. All of it illustrates the patient, gracious optimism the band has taken from their years together.
An Apple Music listing shows a Deluxe Video version that includes videos for “Like A Lady (On Set Version)” and “Swore I Was Leaving (Live).”
The trio is back on the road with the 34 date What A Song Can Do Tour featuring Pearce, Niko Moon and Tenille Arts. A portion of the ticket sales will go towards LadyAID, the group’s philanthropic fund which supports initiatives around the world ranging from helping vulnerable children, societal and cultural issues, as well as natural disaster aid and recovery.
1. Talk of This Town [Written by Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Nicolle Galyon, Jordan Reynolds]
2. What A Song Can Do [Written by Charles Kelley, Sam Ellis, Ryan Hurd, Laura Veltz]
3. Like A Lady [Written by Hillary Scott, Dave Barnes, Michelle Buzz, Martin Johnson, Brandon Paddock]
4. Things He Handed Down [Written by Charles Kelley, Thomas Rhett, Julian Bunetta, Jesse Frasure]
5. Fire [Written by Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Justin Ebach]
6. Chance of Rain [Written by Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Topher Brown, Justin Ebach]
7. Worship What I Hate [Written by Dave Haywood, Hillary Scott, Natalie Hemby, Amy Wadge]
8. Where Would I Be [Written by David Garcia, Natalie Hemby & Jordan Terry Minton]
9. Friends Don’t Let Friends (feat. Carly Pearce, Thomas Rhett, Darius Rucker) [Written by Thomas Rhett, Charles Kelley, Julian Bunetta & Ashley Gorley]
10. In Waves [Written by Charles Kelley, Joey Hendricks, Alysa Vanderheym & Michael Whitworth]
11. You Keep Thinking That [Written by Charles Kelley, Dave Cohen, Chris Gelbuda & Steven Lee Olsen]
12. Be That For You [Written by Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley & Corey Crowder]
13. Workin’ On This Love [Written by Dave Haywood]
14. Swore I Was Leaving [Written by Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Jordan Reynolds & Parker Welling]
15. Like A Lady (On Set Version) – Digital Video
16. Swore I Was Leaving (Live)