Following a meteoric climb up the charts since its release on November 10th, Mark Ronson’s international hit single “Uptown Funk” featuring Bruno Mars has moved up one spot to take the #1 position on the Billboard Hot 100, marking another career best for the GRAMMY award-winning producer and musician. The song also holds the #1 spot on the Digital Songs Chart this week and has sold over 1.7 million in the US, alone. The song has already enjoyed a record breaking three week chart-topping run in the UK where it became the first track to break over two million streams in a single week, as well as holding the #1 spot in Australia and Canada. This is the 6th #1 for Bruno Mars on the Billboard Hot 100.
Ronson’s forthcoming album Uptown Special will be released on January 13th via RCA Records. It was written and produced with fellow GRAMMY -winning producer Jeff Bhasker (Kanye West, Drake, Alicia Keys) in studios in London, Memphis, Los Angeles and New York City. The majority of the album’s lyrics – although not “Uptown Funk” – were written by Pulitzer-winning American novelist Michael Chabon. Uptown Special includes collaborations with Stevie Wonder, Tame Impala’s Kevin Parker, Miike Snow’s Andrew Wyatt, Mystikal and newcomer Keyone Starr.
See below to watch Ronson & Mars perform “Uptown Funk” on the season finale of The Voice, and be sure to tune in to The Ellen DeGeneres Show on January 13th to see a unique Uptown Special release day performance of the #1 song.
1. Uptown’s First Finale – featuring Stevie Wonder & Andrew Wyatt
2. Summer Breaking- featuring Kevin Parker
3. Feel Right – featuring Mystikal
4. Uptown Funk – featuring Bruno Mars
5. I Can’t Lose – featuring Keyone Starr
6. Daffodils – featuring Kevin Parker
7. Crack In The Pearl – featuring Andrew Wyatt
8. In Case Of Fire – featuring Jeff Bhasker
9. Leaving Los Feliz – featuring Kevin Parker
10. Heavy And Rolling – featuring Andrew Wyatt
11. Crack In The Pearl pt. II – featuring Stevie Wonder & Jeff Bhasker
Author: Buddy Iahn
Buddy Iahn founded The Music Universe when he decided to juxtapose his love of web design and music. As a lifelong drummer, he decided to take a hiatus from playing music to report it. The website began as a fun project in 2013 to one of the top independent news sites.