Obama will not be performing on the album
First Lady Michelle Obama is getting into the music business, sorta! Obama has enlisted some of music’s top acts to help promote her “Let’s Move!” health campaign by releasing a hip hop album featuring American Idol alumn Jordin Sparks, Matisyahu, Ariana Grande and Blink 182 drummer Travis Barker, among others. However, don’t expect to hear the First Lady rapping on the record.
The hip hop themed album will be released to promote Mrs. Obama’s “Let’s Move!” campaign that combats child obesity by educating parents about living healthier lifestyles through nutrition and fitness.
Though no release date or retailers have been announced yet, Partnership For A Healthier America and Hip Hop Public Health will present the compilation featuring 19 tracks.
1. U R What You Eat (featuring Salad Bar–Matisyahu, Ariana Grande, Travis Barker)
2. Everybody (featuring Jordin Sparks, Doug E. Fresh, Dr. Oz, Ryan Beatty, Hip Hop MD)
3. Let’s Move (featuring Doug E. Fresh, Artie Green, Chauncey Hawkins)
4. Just Believe (featuring Ashanti, Gerry Gunn, Artie Green, Robbie Nova)
5. Veggie Luv (featuring Monifah and J Rome)
6. Hip Hop FEET (featuring DMC and Artie Green)
7. Stronger (featuring Shayna Steele, Jeremy Jordan, Our Time Theater Kids, and E-Street Band guitarist Nils Lofgren)
8. Give Myself a Try (featuring Ryan Beatty)
9. Jump Up (featuring Brady Rymer and the Little Band That Could)
10. Hip Hop LEAN (featuring Artie Green)
11. Pass the Rock (featuring Iman Schumpert and Artie Green)
12. Good Living (featuring Ashthon Jones)
13. Beautiful (featuring Daisy Grant and Artie Green)
14. Change the Game (featuring The Happiness Club, featuring Naledge)
15. Wanna Jump (Let’s Move) (featuring Paul Burch)
16. Mother May I (featuring Amelia Robinson)
17. We Like Vegetables (featuring Los Barkers!)
18. Get Up Sit Up (featuring Babi Floyd)
19. One Step Forward (featuring Samite)
Author: Buddy Iahn
Buddy Iahn founded The Music Universe when he decided to juxtapose his love of web design and music. As a lifelong drummer, he decided to take a hiatus from playing music to report it. The website began as a fun project in 2013 to one of the top independent news sites.