With anticipation building around the final few episodes of Nashville this season, Big Machine Records readies the August 10th release of The Music Of Nashville, Season 5 Volume 3. The unparalleled soundtrack for the hit show marks the first-ever third volume soundtrack in the history of the series. The 17-track collection reflects the personal and artistic growth of each beloved character viewers have embraced throughout the riveting current season.
Since Nashville debuted in 2012, Big Machine Records has released ten soundtracks, including a duets project, as viewers created a community around the cast’s musical journey. More than one million albums and five million single-track downloads have been sold with over 200 million streams to date.
Big changes have happened this season. Connie Britton’s Rayna Jaymes was killed off as she exited the show nine episodes into season five, its first season on CMT. The news was especially shocking since Britton denied rumors she was leaving when she recently told Ellen DeGeneres, “I’m in it. I’m in. I’m in for the duration,” but later telling TV Line, “It was something that had been percolating over time, and there were lots of different reasons behind it.”
In the second half of the season, fans were introduced to Rachel Bilson (The OC, Hart of Dixie) and Kaitlin Doubleday (Empire) as new supporting cast members. Bilson plays Alyssa Greene who’s brought in from Silicon Valley as a marketing expert to help Jayme’s Highway 65 Records. She’s not a country fan and isn’t afraid to admit it. Doubleday plays Jessie Caine who returns to Nashville to reclaim her career and son from a scandal with her ex-husband years prior. She and Jayme’s widow, Deacon Claybourne, have some playful interest.
Nashville will return for a new season with 16 episodes premiering early next year. Long-time SVOD partner Hulu will continue to stream episodes the day after they premiere on CMT.
1. “Good Rain Or Jesus” | Charles Esten / Written by Barry Dean, Jonathan Singleton
2. “As The Crow Flies” | Clare Bowen & Sam Palladio / Written by Jake Etheridge, Olivia Rudeen
3. “Clockwork” | Lennon & Maisy / Written by Trent Dabbs, Lennon Stella, Marylynne Stella
4. “On My Way (Choir Version)” | Hayden Panettiere / Written by Paige Blue, Thomas Finchum, Chance Peña
5. “Going Down The Road Feeling Bad (Electric Version)” | Rhiannon Giddens / Arrangement by Tim Lauer
6. “Rose And Thorn” | Jonathan Jackson / Written by Tofer Brown, Johnny Hanson, Lauren Strahm
7. “Stand Up” | Chris Carmack / Written by Cary Barlowe, Jordan Schmidt, Josh Thompson
8. “Love Until It Hurts” | Lennon & Maisy / Written by Angela Lauer, Jessie Lane Parker, Frankie Zwick
9. “Without You” | Charles Esten / Written by Ross Copperman, Heather Morgan
10. “Water Rising” | Hayden Panettiere / Written by Hillary Lindsey, Jamie Moore, Derrick Southerland
11. “Beautiful Dream (Ballad Version)” | Lennon Stella / Written by Ben Caver, Erin McCarley
12. “In The End” | Sam Palladio / Written by Dustin Christensen, Mindy Smith
13. “Little Darlin’” | Clare Bowen & Chris Carmack / Written by Julie Anne Miller
14. “Count On Me” | Rhiannon Giddens / Written by Rhiannon Giddens Laffan, Dirk Powell
15. “No One Cares About Your Dreams” | Jonathan Jackson / Written by David Poe
16. “Forever” | Clare Bowen / Written by Angela Lauer, Jessie Early
17. “Dreaming My Dreams With You” | Charles Esten / Written by Allen Reynolds
Author: Buddy Iahn
Buddy Iahn founded The Music Universe when he decided to juxtapose his love of web design and music. As a lifelong drummer, he decided to take a hiatus from playing music to report it. The website began as a fun project in 2013 to one of the top independent news sites.