New single “High Horse” features Breland and Blanco Brown
Hip hop superstar Nelly has announced his forthcoming much anticipated country inspired album Heartland, dropping August 27th via Records/Columbia. His new single, “High Horse,” features Blanco Brown and Breland.
The new track showcases a huge range of vocals, and blends funk with honky tonk styles combined from the three diverse artists. The tempo is fast and memorable with fun lyrics and Nelly’s iconic rap style. There is a throwback country twang with fresh country sounds that are juxtaposed against Nelly’s catchy rap verses.
The song’s energy is explosive from the beginning with chemistry between the three artists. Brown shows his incredible range bringing the twang and hitting the ultra-high notes while Breland’s distinct genre-blurring sound and smooth vocals hooks you into the infectious beat.
“Good music brings all types of people together and this track, ‘High Horse’ is a bangin’ track that merges my style with my boys Blanco and Breland’s styles,” Nelly shares. “When I woke up the next morning after recording it, I thought “wow we did something really wild last night!’ After a tough year for everyone, I hope ‘High Horse’ brings hip hop fans and country fans together to celebrate us all being together again!”
Nelly has had huge success in both hip hop and country including his initial country collaboration with Tim McGraw in 2004 with “Over and Over,” to his Diamond certified success on Florida Georgia Line’s “Cruise,” Jimmie Allen’s “Good Times Roll,” Kane Brown’s remix of “Cool Again,” his own remake of Thomas Rhett’s “Die A Happy Man.”
The rapper recently reunited with country music heavyweights Florida Georgia Line for his latest newly platinum certified single “Lil Bit” out now via Records/Columbia. “Lil Bit” was supported by performances on Dancing with The Stars, The Voice finale, American Music Awards, Dick Clarks New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest and CNN’s Fourth of July show. “Lil Bit” keeps on gaining fans while trailblazing its own path of firsts on both the country, Top 40 and pop charts including staying six months on the charts garnering 220 million streams. The song has been certified Platinum by the RIAA.
“High Horse” further sets the stage for Nelly’s upcoming country-influenced album Heartland. The album showcases Nelly’s ability to transcend genres, defy labels and blend his unique sound with the true heartbeat of country music.
1. Lil Bit (with Florida Georgia Line) [Tyler Hubbard, Jordan M. Schmidt, Blake Redferrin & Cornell Haynes, Jr.]
2. High Horse (with Breland & Blanco Brown) [Sam Sumser, Sean Spencer Small, Rocky Block, Daniel Breland, Bennie Amey III, Matt Thomas, Cornell Haynes, Jr., Dean Dillon, Frank Dycus & Alan Mevis]
3. Grits & Glamour (with Kane Brown) [Sam Sumser, Sean Spencer Small, Daniel Breland, Rocky Block, Sam Hunt & Cornell Haynes, Jr.]
4. Ms. Drive Me Crazy (with Darius Rucker & City Spud) [Ernest Keith Smith, Jacob Durrett, Craig Wiseman & Cornell Haynes, Jr.]
5. Country Boy Do (with Tyler Hubbard) [Tyler Hubbard, Jordan M. Schmidt, Zach Kale & Cornell Haynes, Jr.]
6. Someone Somewhere (with George Birge) [Michael Hardy, Jacob Durrett, Ernest Keith Smith & Cornell Haynes, Jr.]
7. 5 Drinks Ago [Matt Dragstrem, Rhett Atkins, Corey Crowder & Cornell Haynes, Jr.]
8. Follow Me (with Chris Bandi) [Chris Bandi, Zach Kale & Cornell Haynes, Jr.]
9. Good Times Roll (with Jimmie Allen) [Jimmie Allen, Zach Kale & Cornell Haynes, Jr.]