RCA Nashville’s group, Old Dominion, will release their debut album, Meat and Candy, on November 6th. Meat and Candy was produced by GRAMMY Award-winning songwriter and producer, Shane McAnally, and physical copies can now be pre-ordered at Amazon. The highly anticipated album features the group’s Top 15 and still rising hit song “Break Up With Him,” the first song that the band of hit-songwriters wrote together collectively as a group.
“This is a HUGE moment for us! We are releasing our debut, major label full length album!” the band exclaims.
“When we were kids sitting in our rooms with our guitars and Rolling Stone magazines, this is THE moment we were imagining for ourselves. As musicians and songwriters, we are very proud of every song on the album. We are looking to turn some heads and make some big noise here. We’re stepping out there on stage with the big boys and girls and our hope is that this album will prove we deserve to be there.”
The five songwriters that make-up Old Dominion include lead singer Matthew Ramsey, multi-instrumentalist Trevor Rosen, drummer Whit Sellers, bassist Geoff Sprung and lead guitarist Brad Tursi. Combined, members of Old Dominion have written hits for artists including Dierks Bentley, Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, Blake Shelton, Luke Bryan, The Band Perry, Tyler Farr and Sam Hunt; four of which reached No. 1 at country radio.
2015 has been a big year for the band that has been together over eight years. It all kicked off with Old Dominion being included in multiple 2015 watch lists including Billboard, Huffington Post, Rolling Stone Country, Nashville Lifestyles and Spotify, where the band’s self-titled EP has garnered 22.2 million streams. Those numbers reflect the excitement from both longtime and new fans of the band who tours relentlessly. By the end of 2015 Old Dominion will have performed 170 shows which includes 18 stadium dates opening up for Kenny Chesney this summer on the Big Revival Tour. The fans that have seen Old Dominion on the road this year have already gotten a taste of the songs that make-up Meat and Candy.
Adding to the excitement leading up to the release of Meat and Candy the band members have launched “Meet Old Dominion,” a weekly online series to post every Wednesday throughout the month of September. The first two installments introduce lead singer Matthew Ramsey and guitarist, Brad Tursi.
1. Snapback (Written by Matthew Ramsey/Trevor Rosen/Brad Tursi)
2. Half Empty (Written by Matthew Ramsey/Trevor Rosen/Matt Jenkins)
3. Wrong Turns (Written by Matthew Ramsey/Trevor Rosen/Matt Jenkins)
4. Said Nobody (Written by Matthew Ramsey/Trevor Rosen/Brad Tursi)
5. Crazy Beautiful Sexy (Written by Matthew Ramsey/Josh Osborne/Ross Copperman)
6. Nowhere Fast (Written by Matthew Ramsey/Trevor Rosen/Matt Jenkins)
7. Beer Can in a Truck Bed (Written by Matthew Ramsey/Trevor Rosen/Matt Jenkins)
8. Break Up with Him (Written by Matthew Ramsey/Trevor Rosen/Brad Tursi/Geoff Sprung/Whit Sellers)
9. Song for Another Time (Written by Matthew Ramsey/Trevor Rosen/Brad Tursi/Matt Jenkins)
10. Til It’s Over (Written by Matthew Ramsey/Shane McAnally/Jimmy Robbins)
11. We Got It Right (Written by Matthew Ramsey/Shane McAnally/Ross Copperman)
Author: Buddy Iahn
Buddy Iahn founded The Music Universe when he decided to juxtapose his love of web design and music. As a lifelong drummer, he decided to take a hiatus from playing music to report it. The website began as a fun project in 2013 to one of the top independent news sites.