Paul McCartney is set to reissue his latest solo album, New, as a 2 CD/DVD Collector’s Edition on October 28th.
This special collector’s edition is packed full with exclusive content that tells the story of the making of the album as well as capturing unique moments during the international promotion campaign, which saw Paul make global headlines by creating traffic stopping moments in the US and UK with pop up performances in New York and London.
This story is perfectly told in McCartney’s own words as well as those of the producers in Something New, a documentary about New directed by Don Letts, which features on the DVD.
CD 1 track listing is the same as the original 14 track deluxe edition released last year. CD 2 includes two previously unreleased tracks (‘Hell To Pay’ and ‘Demons Dance’) taken from the album recording sessions as well featuring ‘Struggle’ which was previously released as a Japanese bonus track. The second CD also includes live versions of ‘Save Us’, ‘New’, ‘Queenie Eye’ and ‘Everybody Out There’ recorded at the Tokyo Dome, Japan in November of last year.
Along with the documentary and a collection of behind-the-scenes footage from Paul’s international promotional trail, the DVD also features the music videos for ‘Queenie Eye’, ‘Save Us’, ‘Appreciate’ and ‘Early Days’. Also included is footage from the making of the ‘Queenie Eye’, ‘Appreciate’ and ‘Early Days’ videos.
Released in October 2013, New was greeted with rave reviews all around the world. In both the UK and US it entered the Album Charts at Number Three. Within months it had sold almost quarter-of-a-million copies in America alone and counting. New also went Top 10 in 17 different countries including a Number One position in the Japanese charts. Since its release, it has achieved Silver sales status in territories including UK and France, Gold status in Japan and Platinum in Russia, to name just a few international sales achievements.
1. Save Us
3. On My Way To Work
4. Queenie Eye
5. Early Days
8. Everybody Out There
10. I Can Bet
11. Looking At Her
13. Turned Out
14. Get Me Out Of Here Plus Scared (hidden track)
1. Struggle (previously available only in Japan)
2. Hell To Pay (previously unreleased)
3. Demons Dance (previously unreleased)
4. Save Us (Live at Tokyo Dome 2013)
5. New (Live at Tokyo Dome 2013)
6. Queenie Eye (Live at Tokyo Dome 2013)
7. Everybody Out There (Live at Tokyo Dome 2013)
1. Something New
2. New Interview (Bang & Olufsen Presents The Living Room Tour: Launching Paul McCartney’s Album ‘New’)
3. The Promo Tour
- MGM Grand for iHeartRadio Music Festival, Las Vegas, 21st September 2013 03.2. Hollywood Boulevard with Jimmy Kimmel, Los
- Angeles, 23rd September 2013 03.3. NBC Studios with Jimmy Fallon, New York, 7th October 2013
- Times Square, New York, 10th October 2013
- The Shard, London, 15th October 2013
- BBC Maida Vale Studios, London, 16th October 2013
- The London Studios with Graham Norton, London, 17th October 2013
- Covent Garden and HMV Oxford Street, London, 18th October 2013
4. Music Videos
- Queenie Eye
- Save Us
- Early Days
- Making Of Queenie Eye
- Making Of Appreciate
- Making Of Early Days
Author: Buddy Iahn
Buddy Iahn founded The Music Universe when he decided to juxtapose his love of web design and music. As a lifelong drummer, he decided to take a hiatus from playing music to report it. The website began as a fun project in 2013 to one of the top independent news sites.