One unreleased studio track and two live tracks are featured
Several Bruce Springsteen rarities highlight the upcoming Blinded By The Light film soundtrack. The album will be available on August 9th via Sony Legacy Recordings and feature an unreleased studio rendition of “I’ll Stand By You,” previously known as I’ll Stand By You Always” initially for inclusion in the 2001 Harry Potter film, but producers opted not to include the track, and it’s remained unreleased until now.
Springsteen classics like “Born To Run,” “Hungry Heart” and “Thunder Road” are among the 16 Springsteen tracks. Rare live gems also featured are the first ever performance of “The River,” from the No Nukes ’79 concert at Madison Square Garden, and an acoustic rendition of ” The Promised Land” that Springsteen performed in 2014 at Washington, D.C.’s National Mall. Both live tracks are previously unreleased on any album.
Blinded by the Light (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) will be available on CD, 2 LP and a 2 LP Orange Vinyl Barnes & Noble Exclusive.
The film is based on the memoir by Sarfraz Manzoor and tells his story of a Pakistani British teenager growing up in the drab suburb of Luton, England in the 1980’s and his dreams of escaping. One day, a school friend introduces him to Bruce Springsteen’s music and it changes his life – Bruce Springsteen’s music and words inspire him to find his path, follow his dreams and become the successful journalist he is today.
Blinded By The Light was one of the biggest discoveries at this year’s Sundance Film Festival where it premiered to rave reviews. The film opens August 14th in theaters.
- Ode To Javed/Javed’s Poem – A.R. Rahman
- It’s a Sin – Pet Shop Boys
- The Sun Always Shines On T.V. – a-ha
- “The Boss Of Us All” (dialogue)
- Dancing In The Dark – Bruce Springsteen
- “You Should Be Listening To Our Music” (dialogue)
- “I Never Knew Music Could Be Like This” (dialogue)
- The River – Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band (Live at Madison Square Garden, New York, NY – September 21, 1979) (previously unavailable on an album)*
- “Number One Paki Film” (dialogue)
- Badlands – Bruce Springsteen
- Cover Me – Bruce Springsteen
- Thunder Road– Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band (Live at The Roxy Theater, West Hollywood, CA – October 18, 1975)
- Get Outta My Way Fascist Pigs – Amer Chadha-Patel
- “Do It For Me” (dialogue)
- Prove It All Night – Bruce Springsteen
- Hungry Heart – Bruce Springsteen
- “You, Me…and Bruce” (dialogue)
- Because The Night – Bruce Springsteen
- Maar Chadapa – Heera
- The Promised Land – Bruce Springsteen (Live on The National Mall, Washington, D.C. – November 11, 2014)*
- Blinded By The Light – Bruce Springsteen
- Born To Run – Bruce Springsteen
- I’ll Stand By You – Bruce Springsteen (previously unreleased studio recording)*
- For You My Love – A.R. Rahman (new original song for film)*
Author: Buddy Iahn
Buddy Iahn founded The Music Universe when he decided to juxtapose his love of web design and music. As a lifelong drummer, he decided to take a hiatus from playing music to report it. The website began as a fun project in 2013 to one of the top independent news sites.