Hit the road with The Red Rocker, as AXS TV presents season two of the popular original music series Rock & Roll Road Trip With Sammy Hagar Presented By Mercury Insurance, premiering Sunday, March 5th at 9 pm ET/6 pm PT. The 12 episode season follows Hagar as he travels to notable music cities throughout the U.S. to interview and jam with some of his legendary friends in music including John Mayer, John Mellencamp, James Hetfield (Metallica), Mick Fleetwood, Rick Nielsen (Cheap Trick), Joe Satriani, and Melissa Etheridge. Season two is split into six-show cycles and kicks off with a special hour-long premiere. All other episodes will be 30 minutes long. This marks the second consecutive year the network has partnered with Mercury Insurance on Rock & Roll Road Trip With Sammy Hagar as the series’ title sponsor.
- San Francisco — Season two kicks off in Hagar and James Hetfield’s hometown where they turn the camera on the star-studded third annual Acoustic-4-A-Cure – the benefit concert they founded. The concert event, at the world-famous Fillmore Theatre, is one of the year’s hardest tickets to score and is open to TV audiences for the first time on AXS TV. During the one-hour premiere Hagar interviews Hetfield, Joe Satriani, John Mayer and Melissa Etheridge — leading into epic jams with Hagar, Hetfield, Mayer, Tommy Lee, Satriani, Etheridge, Pat Monahan, Vic Johnson and more (March 5th).
- Norman, Oklahoma – Hagar goes country when he travels to Norman, Oklahoma to interview and jam with the multi-talented and award-winning Toby Keith at his 160-acre ranch (March 12th).
- Bloomington, Indiana — Hagar meets up with rock legend and Renaissance man John Mellencamp at his art studio in Bloomington, Indiana. Hagar delves into Mellencamp’s passion for painting and talks about the struggles he had staying true to himself while coming up in the music business (March 19th).
- Chicago & Denver — An in-depth conversation about the history of rock with Cheap Trick guitarist Rick Nielsen, followed by a performance by Hagar’s star-studded band The Circle, featuring Michael Anthony, Jason Bonham, and Vic Johnson, at Denver’s legendary Red Rocks Amphitheater (March 26th).
- Saratoga, California — An intimate rock talk and blues jam with ZZ Top’s Billy Gibbons at the Mountain Winery concert hall in Saratoga, California (April 2nd).
- Maui, Hawaii — A conversation on art and music with rock legend Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac at Mick’s restaurant Fleetwood’s on Front St. in Maui (April 9th).
“Sammy Hagar is one of rock’s most enduring figures, who is not only revered by his fans but by today’s headlining performers as well.”
As part of the network’s launch plans for the second season, Hagar will be answering fan questions during a Facebook Live stream on Sammy Hagar’s page, Sunday, February 19th. The Facebook Live session coincides with the network’s marathon on that day of the first season of Rock & Roll Road Trip from 2:30 pm to 5 pm ET.
“Sammy Hagar is one of rock’s most enduring figures, who is not only revered by his fans but by today’s headlining performers as well,” said Evan Haiman, AXS TV’s vice president, music programming and production. “With season two of Rock & Roll Road Trip With Sammy Hagar, we give viewers the ultimate backstage pass as more of music’s biggest names open up about their lives, legacies, and passions outside of the industry. From classic rock to country, there is truly something here for everyone to enjoy—making this a must-see event for all true music enthusiasts and we’re thrilled to be partnering again with Mercury Insurance as sponsor of the popular series.”
“Mercury Insurance and AXS TV have partnered on a number of campaigns during the past three years and the ‘Rock and Roll Road Trip with Sammy Hagar presented by Mercury Insurance’ has been such a great experience for us,” said Erik Thompson, Mercury’s advertising director. “Sammy Hagar is an amazing entertainer and it’s been absolutely great working with him and the AXS team.”
Author: Buddy Iahn
Buddy Iahn founded The Music Universe when he decided to juxtapose his love of web design and music. As a lifelong drummer, he decided to take a hiatus from playing music to report it. The website began as a fun project in 2013 to one of the top independent news sites.