The Doors are digging deep into their archives to release rare footage on a new Blu-ray and DVD called, R-Evolution, on December 3rd. The disc will feature early TV appearances, music films, and commentary from bandmates John Densmore, Robby Krieger and the late Ray Manzarek, and will trek the band’s rise through the restrictions of the mid-Sixties to establishing their creative control from their long time record label.
Rolling Stone reports the disc will contain previously unreleased and rare footage of tracks such as “Break on Through (To the Other Side),” “Light My Fire,” “People Are Strange,” “L.A. Woman” as well as bonus features including a never-before-seen 1966 Ford training film with music from the Doors and outtakes from the group’s 1967 appearance on Malibu U.
A deluxe edition in each physical format packaged in a 40 page DVD sized hardback book with a “scrapbook” style presentation on each track including lyrics, background info, trivia and photos will also be available.
1. Break On Through (To The Other Side): Music Film – January 1967
2. Break On Through (To The Other Side): Shebang – March 6, 1967
3. The Crystal Ship: American Bandstand – July 22, 1967
4. Light My Fire: American Bandstand – July 22, 1967
5. Light My Fire: Malibu U – August 25 1967
6. People Are Strange: Murray The K In New York – September 22, 1967
7. Moonlight Drive: From The Jonathan Winters Show – December 27, 1967
8. The Unknown Soldier: Music Film – February 1968
9. Hello, I Love You: Musik Für Junge Leute: 4-3-2-1 Hot And Sweet – September 13, 1968
10. Touch Me: The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour – December 15, 1968
11. Wild Child: Music Film – July 1969
12. Roadhouse Blues: Music Film – February 1970
13. Crawling King Snake: GTK (Get To Know) – December 1970
14. The Changeling: Music Film – April 1971
15. Gloria: Music Film – October 1983
16. People Are Strange: Music Film – 1980’s
17. Strange Days: Music Film – 1984
18. L.A. Woman: Music Film – 1985
19. Ghost Song: Music Film – 1995
Love Thy Customer (music by The Doors) Ford Training Film- 1966
Outtakes: Malibu U, 1967
Break On Through (To The Other Side): Isle Of Wight- August 1970
Break On Through The Lens – Documentary
Author: Buddy Iahn
Buddy Iahn founded The Music Universe when he decided to juxtapose his love of web design and music. As a lifelong drummer, he decided to take a hiatus from playing music to report it. The website began as a fun project in 2013 to one of the top independent news sites.