The album features “Craving You” with Maren Morris
Thomas Rhett scored his first hit in 2012, introducing a sound that mixed the southern swagger of country music with pop hooks, R&B grooves, soulful strut and the anything-goes attitude of rock. During the years since, thanks to eight chart-topping singles, he is now a headliner of massive arenas. And, he’s become a husband. A father, too. He announces Life Changes as his third release with The Valory Music Co., available everywhere September 8th and fans can pre-order exclusive autographed bundles now at ThomasRhett.com.
It’s the biggest, boldest-sounding record of his career, filled with songs that stretch his sound to new limits. Kicking off the album is the already chart-topping “Craving You,” and from there it carves a path as wild and wide as Thomas Rhett’s own career. There are coming-of-age country ballads, heartland rock anthems, EDM-influenced pop tracks and R&B slow jams all wrapped together by the songwriting skills and elastic vocals of a frontman who’s willing to shine a light on his own milestones and mistakes.
“I am and will always be a country artist,” Thomas Rhett states. “It’s who I am, it’s in my blood. I will always try to push boundaries because that rebellious side has been in me since I was a kid. My voice and my journey that inspired these songs is the glue that makes this album cohesive. This is where I’m at musically and these are my stories.”
Thomas Rhett found himself in the producer’s chair for the new album alongside Dann Huff and Jesse Frasure, as well as new collaborators Julian Bunetta and Joe London. Having a hand in writing ten of the album’s fourteen tracks, there’s plenty of autobiography, but Thomas Rhett’s stories are so compelling because they are our stories, too. And like any great storyteller, he weaves a wide narrative with the new collection, delivering the album from several different perspectives.
Fans will next get a taste of new music Friday (July 28th) when the ACM Awards Male Vocalist of the Year shares the highly-anticipated album’s next single “Unforgettable.”
1. “Craving You” (featuring Maren Morris) | Dave Barnes, Julian Bunetta
2. “Unforgettable” | Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Shane McAnally
3. “Sixteen” | Thomas Rhett, Sean Douglas, Joe Spargur
4. “Drink A Little Beer” (featuring Rhett Akins) | Rhett Akins, Jesse Frasure, Ben Hayslip
5. “Marry Me” | Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Shane McAnally
6. “Leave Right Now” | Thomas Rhett, Julian Bunetta, Edward Drewett, John Henry Ryan
7. “Smooth Like The Summer” | Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne
8. “Life Changes” | Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley
9. “When You Look Like That” | Jessi Alexander, Matt Dragstrem, David Lee Murphy
10. “Sweetheart” | Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Sean Douglas, Joe Spargur
11. “Kiss Me Like A Stranger” | Thomas Rhett, Dave Barnes, Jordan Reynolds
12. “Renegades” | Thomas Rhett, Julian Bunetta, John Henry Ryan
13. “Gateway Love” | Thomas Rhett, Sean Douglas, Sam Ellis, Emily Weisband
14. “Grave” | Chris DeStefano, Hillary Lindsey, Josh Miller
Author: Buddy Iahn
Buddy Iahn founded The Music Universe when he decided to juxtapose his love of web design and music. As a lifelong drummer, he decided to take a hiatus from playing music to report it. The website began as a fun project in 2013 to one of the top independent news sites.