Unconfirmed reports indicate he has been removed from lineup

Travis Scott has apparently been removed from the Coachella 2022 lineup, and his Cacti hard seltzer has been pulled from production by Anheuser-Busch.

On Friday (Dec 10th), KSEQ reported that the city of Indio, where Coachella is held annually, confirmed Scott was removed from the lineup following the Astroworld Festival tragedy that killed 10 and left hundreds dead last month. However, Director of Communications and Marketing Brooke Beare tells The Desert Sun says that Coachella promoter Goldenvoice would make the confirmation, if the rumor is true.

“Any confirmation about the festival lineup would come from Goldenvoice,” Beare says.

As of this writing, Goldenvoice hasn’t commented on the rumor. More than 60,000 people signed a change.org petition asking for his removal from North America’s largest music festival.

Scott, Frank Ocean and Rage Against the Machine were set to headline Coachella in 2020, which was postponed by two years due to the pandemic. Ocean has also dropped out of the 2022 show, pushing for a 2023 headlining appearance instead.

Anheuser-Busch has also pulled Scott’s CACTI Agave Spiked Seltzer.

“After careful evaluation, we have decided to stop all production and brand development of CACTI Agave Spiked Seltzer,” Anheuser-Busch said in a statement on Friday. “We believe brand fans will understand and respect this decision.”

On December 9th, Scott opened up to radio personality Charlamagne Tha God in his first interview since the November 5th tragedy. During the hourlong conversation, the rapper shares his perspective of how the events unfolded that resulted in countless lawsuits filed.

Scott was on stage when the crowd of more than 50k surged towards the stage. Panic ensued which caused people to be trampled and emergency personnel to intervene multiple times. Live Nation reportedly agreed to end the concert early after the Houston Police Department and Fire Department declared a mass casualty event, but the concert continued for another 40 minutes. Scott says he wasn’t aware of the tragedy until afterwards and was told to end the show after Drake, who appeared as a special guest, was finished.

More than 1,500 claims have been filed against Scott, Live Nation and others. The Board of Judges of the Civil Trial Division of the Harris County District Courts has determined to consolidate all the past filed and any future filed Astroworld lawsuits to one judge for further handling.

Scott and Live Nation promised full refunds for attendees with Scott covering all funeral costs and mental assistance for those affected. However, most victims’ families have denied Scott’s offer.