GRAMMY Award-winning MCA Nashville country star Vince Gill revealed via NPR his new album Down To My Last Bad Habit is set for release on February 12th. As part of the announcement, NPR has an exclusive first-listen of Gill’s lead single, “Take Me Down,” featuring Little Big Town. Gill wrote/co-wrote, co-produced and is a featured musician on all 12 songs on Down To My Last Bad Habit.
“Forty years into this, it’s still as much fun as it’s ever been to play music,” notes Gill. “At the end of the day, what I get excited about is doing something I haven’t done before. When I record a song, I feel successful if I’ve accomplished something new.”
Down to My Last Bad Habit marks Gill’s first solo album since 2011’s Guitar Slinger. In 2013, The Oklahoma native partnered with famed steel guitarist Paul Franklin on Bakersfield as a tribute to the “Bakersfield sound” of Buck Owens and Merle Haggard. With 20 GRAMMY Awards to his credit, Gill has emerged as country music’s most eloquent and impassioned champion. He is both a world-class guitar picker and a wide-ranging songwriter whose compositions earned him entry into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2005 and the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2007. Gill has produced albums for LeAnn Rimes, Amy Grant and Ashley Monroe and has made guest appearances on over 500 albums, including Barbra Streisand, Eric Clapton, Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton, George Jones and more.
Gill returns this holiday season for a set of shows at Nashville’s famed Ryman Auditorium with his wife, Christian contemporary artist, Amy Grant. In February, Gill is set to reunite with Lyle Lovett for a 13 city tour of acoustic shows.
- Reasons For The Tears I Cry (Vince Gill)
- Down To My Last Bad Habit (Vince Gill, Al Anderson)
- Me And My Girl (Vince Gill)
- Like My Daddy Did (Vince Gill)
- Make You Feel Real Good (Vince Gill)
- I Can’t Do This (Vince Gill, Catt Gravitt, Brennen Hunt)
- My Favorite Movie (Vince Gill and Ashley Monroe)
- One More Mistake I Made (Vince Gill, Adrianne Duarte)
- Take Me Down* (Vince Gill, Richard Marx, Jillian Jacqueline)
- I’ll Be Waiting For You** (Vince Gill, Leslie Satcher)
- When It’s Love (Vince Gill, Richard Marx)
- Sad One Comin’ On (A Song For George Jones) (Vince Gill)
*Featuring Little Big Town
Author: Buddy Iahn
Buddy Iahn founded The Music Universe when he decided to juxtapose his love of web design and music. As a lifelong drummer, he decided to take a hiatus from playing music to report it. The website began as a fun project in 2013 to one of the top independent news sites.