Never Will is the follow up to her critically-acclaimed GRAMMY-nominated Girl Going Nowhere
Reigning ACM New Female Artist of the Year, CMA New Artist of the Year and CMT Breakout Artist of the Year Ashley McBryde is set to release her sophomore album Never Will, the follow-up to her critically-acclaimed GRAMMY-nominated debut Girl Going Nowhere and named as one of the year’s most anticipated albums by NPR and Rolling Stone, on April 3rd via Warner Music Nashville.
“The significance behind the album title comes from the lyrics in the title track: ‘I Didn’t, I Don’t and I Never Will,’” McBryde says with the same conviction that fueled Nowhere. “Before we recorded it with Jay [Joyce] in the studio, I said to my bandmates, ‘If we’re going to cut this and put it on the record, you’re promising anyone who ever listens to our music, we don’t listen to the noise in the background. We didn’t, we don’t and we never will. Don’t cut it unless you’re willing to promise it.’ And we cut it right then.”
Never Will, produced by Jay Joyce, boasts 11 tracks including lead single “One Night Standards,” which McBryde will perform tonight (Jan 17th) on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, serving as the song’s late-night debut.
Earlier this week, McBryde performed her two-time GRAMMY-nominated smash “Girl Goin’ Nowhere” on the third hour of TODAY and released “Martha Divine,” the second song from Never Will, with an accompanying video that premiered exclusively on NPR stating, “Mark It Down: Ashley McBryde Is In For A Massive Year.” The video for “Martha Divine” is the second in a three-part storyline, following the release of “One Night Standards” in December.
Later this month, McBryde is set to perform at MusiCares honoring Aerosmith January 24th in Los Angeles and kicks off her One Night Standards Tour in Birmingham, AL on January 30th.
- Hang In There Girl (Ashley McBryde, Jeremy Bussey)
- One Night Standards (Ashley McBryde, Nicolette Hayford, Shane McAnally)
- Shut Up Sheila (Nicolette Hayford, Charles Chisholm)
- First Thing I Reach For (Ashley McBryde, Randall Clay, Mick Holland)
- Voodoo Doll (Ashley McBryde, Nicolette Hayford, Brandy Clark, Connie Harrington, Jake Mitchell, Aaron Raitiere)
- Sparrow (Ashley McBryde, Nicolette Hayford, Brandy Clark, Connie Harrington, Jake Mitchell, Aaron Raitiere)
- Martha Divine (Ashley McBryde, Jeremy Spillman)
- Velvet Red (Ashley McBryde, Patrick Savage, Daniel Smalley)
- Stone (Ashley McBryde, Nicolette Hayford)
- Never Will (Ashley McBryde, Chris Harris, Blue Foley, Matt Helmkamp, Christian Sancho, Victor Quinn Hill)
- Styrofoam (Randall Clay)
Author: Buddy Iahn
Buddy Iahn founded The Music Universe when he decided to juxtapose his love of web design and music. As a lifelong drummer, he decided to take a hiatus from playing music to report it. The website began as a fun project in 2013 to one of the top independent news sites.