Multi-platinum singer/songwriter releases fourth studio album on May 29th
Multi-platinum singer/songwriter Kip Moore has announced that his highly-anticipated fourth studio album Wild World will be available May 29th. Sharing the news exclusively with Billboard, Moore also gave his notably fierce fan following a taste of what to expect, releasing the upcoming collection’s title track that “anchors the album” is available now. Fans can also tune in to a special livestream on Moore’s Facebook and Instagram today (Fri, March 27th) at 3 pm CST.
Co-writing all but one of the album’s insightful tracks, Moore navigates the search to find a place and purpose. Throughout the 13-song collection that search is revealed in deeply personal terms, with Moore even self-producing the set, with help from David Garcia, Luke Dick and Blair Daly on respective tracks. The weathered heartland-rock sound Moore has embraced on previous efforts gets its emotional volume pumped up, recorded live with a full band, as substance trumped style and the timeless prevailed over the trendy. Moore admits the result includes a few quirks – but that just gives Wild World the character he values so much. “We wanted it to be more in-your-face,” he says. “More earthy, more analog.”
That straightforward honesty arrives early on the record, starting with the very first song, “Janie Blu,” about a girl who’s always been special, but often stood in her own way – a compassionate, force-of-nature plea to get your head right, before it’s too late. Likewise, the sturdy “Southpaw” stands as a grunge-rocking manifesto for the proudly out of touch, rejecting the notion of “going with the flow” and showcasing just how Moore stands apart in today’s Wild World. Meanwhile, the calming “More Than Enough” presents a better option, blowtorch anthems like the “Fire And Flame” pour gasoline on the quest for greater meaning and “Red White Blue Jean American Dream” flies down an empty highway of optimism.
“I know it’s an unsettling time for a lot of people right now, and so my hope is that this music can bring even just one person some peace,” shared Moore. “I try to make music that reaches people in a pure sense – something that’s light and easy to carry with you, but 1000 pounds of weight at the same time, and I think Wild World is just a depiction of what I see. Life is one crazy, wild ride. But it can be so simple if we look for the right things, and I think that is more important than ever right now.”
1. Janie Blu (Dan Couch, Kip Moore)
2. Southpaw (Westin Davis, Kip Moore)
3. Fire And Flame (Cary Barlowe, Brett James, Kip Moore, Will Weatherly)
4. Wild World (Josh Miller, Kip Moore)
5. Red White Blue Jean American Dream (Jimi Bell, Barton Davies, Luke Dick, Philip Lammonds)
6. She’s Mine (Dan Couch, Kip Moore, Scott Stepakoff)
7. Hey Old Lover (Dan Couch, Kip Moore)
8. Grow On You (Blair Daly, Westin Davis, Kip Moore)
9. More Than Enough (David Garcia, Josh Miller, Kip Moore)
10. Sweet Virginia (Kip Moore, Manny Medina, Erich Wigdahl)
11. South (Adam Browder, Dan Couch, Manny Medina, Kip Moore, Dave Nassie, Erich Wigdahl)
12. Crazy For You Tonight (Blair Daly, Westin Davis, Kip Moore)
13. Payin’ Hard (Blair Daly, Westin Davis, Kip Moore)
Author: Buddy Iahn
Buddy Iahn founded The Music Universe when he decided to juxtapose his love of web design and music. As a lifelong drummer, he decided to take a hiatus from playing music to report it. The website began as a fun project in 2013 to one of the top independent news sites.