Live telecast is Sunday, April 7th on CBS
The Academy of Country Music has revealed the full list of Radio Award winners for the 54th Academy of Country Music Awards (ACM), Country Music’s Party of the Year. Though not part of the telecast, the awards will be presented during the annual radio winners reception which will be held on Saturday, April 6th in Las Vegas, NV, the day prior to the ACM Awards live telecast from MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday, April 7th at 8 pmET/delayed PT on the CBS Television Network.
This marks the fifth ACM National On-Air Personality of the Year win for Country Countdown USA with Lon Helton. Helton has been nominated in the category seven times, with his most recent previous win taking place in 2016. Additionally, this year marks the seventh win for WIVK-FM and sixth win for KNIX-FM in Radio Station of the Year categories.
Below is a complete list of the Radio Award winners for the 54th Academy of Country Music Awards:
ON-AIR PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR WINNERS:
- NATIONAL – Lon Helton – Country Countdown USA with Lon Helton
- MAJOR MARKET – Tanner in the Morning – Rob Tanner, Catherine Lane, Chris Allen, Captain Jim, and Mimi – WSOC-FM (Charlotte, NC)
- LARGE MARKET – Jim Denny, Deborah Honeycutt, Kevin Freeman – WFMS-FM (Indianapolis, IN)
- MEDIUM MARKET – Mo & StyckMan Show – WUSY-FM (Chattanooga, TN)
- SMALL MARKET – Brent Lane and Candy Cullerton – WYCT-FM (Pensacola, FL)
RADIO STATION OF THE YEAR WINNERS:
- MAJOR MARKET – KNIX-FM (Phoenix, AZ)
- LARGE MARKET – KUBL-FM (Salt Lake City, UT)
- MEDIUM MARKET – WIVK-FM (Knoxville, TN)
- SMALL MARKET – KHAY-FM (Ventura, CA)
Sixteen time winner Reba McEntire returns to host the show for the 16th time and will perform her new song, “Stronger Than The Truth.” Nominations were announced last week with reigning Male Artist of the Year, Chris Stapleton and Dan + Shay all receiving six nominations with the duo’s Dan Smyers received three individual nominations.
Tickets for the 54th ACM Awards are available for purchase now at AXS.com.
Author: Buddy Iahn
Buddy Iahn founded The Music Universe when he decided to juxtapose his love of web design and music. As a lifelong drummer, he decided to take a hiatus from playing music to report it. The website began as a fun project in 2013 to one of the top independent news sites.