Star-studded tribute available in 2023
In celebration of The Rolling Stones’ 60th anniversary, some of country’s biggest stars have come together for Stoned Cold Country, a forthcoming tribute album filled to the brim with reimagined versions of the legendary rock band’s catalogue, to be released in 2023 on BMG.
Throughout the record, which was produced by Robert Deaton, the participating artists – Jimmie Allen, Brooks & Dunn, Brothers Osborne, Eric Church, Steve Earle, Elle King, Marcus King, Little Big Town, Ashley McBryde, Maren Morris, Elvie Shane, Koe Wetzel, The War And Treaty, Lainey Wilson & Zac Brown Band – all inject their own trademark style into the revered music of The Stones across Stoned Cold Country, creating a powerful homage to one of the most enduring, trailblazing and influential bands in the world.
The first taste of the project arrives with the release of Brothers Osborne & The War And Treaty’s soulful rendition of “It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It)” on Friday, November 4th.
“This album is country music’s thank you to The Rolling Stones for 60 years of inspiration and providing the soundtrack of our lives. While recording the record, I was reminded that this is a showcase and spotlight on the best we have to offer as a genre,” Deaton says of the project. “From our artists to all of the musicians that played on the record, we boldly state that country music is second to none when it comes to artists of integrity and creativity.”
1. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction – Ashley McBryde
2. Honky Tonk Women – Brooks & Dunn
3. Dead Flowers – Maren Morris
4. It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It) – Brothers Osborne & The War And Treaty
5. Miss You – Jimmie Allen
6. Tumbling Dice – Elle King
7. Can’t You Hear Me Knocking – Marcus King
8. Wild Horses – Little Big Town
9. Paint It Black – Zac Brown Band
10. You Can’t Always Get What You Want – Lainey Wilson
11. Sympathy for the Devil – Elvie Shane
12. Angie – Steve Earle
13. Gimme Shelter – Eric Church
14. Shine A Light – Koe Wetzel