Album features collaborations with Vince Gill and Miranda Lambert
Nineties country music hitmaker Collin Raye is back with a new album Scars on November 20th. The project is his first new album in over a decade and will be released via BFD (Bob Frank Distribution)/Audium Nashville, in which Raye signed with earlier this year. The album features 14-tracks produced by David Ferguson (Johnny Cash, John Prine, Charley Pride), with Raye writing or co-writing 12 of the tunes.
“Scars is the album I’ve dreamed of making my entire recording career,” says the 10-time Male Vocalist of the Year nominee (ACM and CMA). Raye enlisted some big names to bring the album together — Miranda Lambert, Vince Gill and Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys fame. Lambert appears on the project’s title track, “Scars,” with Gill providing vocals on “Rodeo Girl.” Auerbach backs Raye on electric guitar throughout the album.
“I wrote or co-wrote every song on the record, except for songs written or co-written by my brother Scotty, including a couple we wrote together,” explains Raye. “Being that we started our musical journey together as teenagers, then in our 20s we began to go separate paths, this album is truly a ‘full circle’ moment in my life. The timing for this is just right.”
Scars is a step in a musical direction Raye hasn’t ever explored — Americana — expressing that this project is his most artistic record to date because producer David Ferguson gave him total freedom in the studio regarding song selection and musical styles.
“I sincerely hope that the people who have embraced my music the last 29 years will embrace Scars and find enjoyment and emotional inspiration from this album,” Raye continues. “Having Miranda and Vince sing with me on this record gives it an extra special element of ‘coolness.’ I’m excited for the release!”
Upon its release, the full project will be available everywhere music is bought and streamed. Listen to insta-grat tracks “Bad Storm Coming Tonight,” “Rock ’n’ Roll Bone” and “Young As We’re Ever Gonna Be” now on Apple Music and Spotify.
1. Ghost Story (Scotty Wray)
2. Scars (w/ Miranda Lambert) (Scotty Wray, Tony Ramey)
3. Bad Storm Coming Tonight (Pat McLaughlin, Joe Allen, Collin Raye)
4. Dancing Alone in the Street (Collin Raye)
5. Never Going Back There Again (Collin Raye, Britanny Raye, Michael Curtis, Troy Powers)
6. Loved By An Angel (Pat McLaughlin, David Ferguson, Collin Raye)
7. Rodeo Girl (w/ Vince Gill) (Pat McLaughlin, David Ferguson, Collin Raye)
8. Chasing Renee (Collin Raye, Jacob Wray)
9. I’ve Got A Lot to Drink About (Collin Raye, Shaunna Larkin)
10. Ever Making Up Time (Collin Raye, Gene Lasage)
11. Let It Go Away (Joe Allen, Collin Raye, David Ferguson)
12. Rock ’n’ Roll Bone (Collin Raye)
13. Young As We’re Ever Gonna Be (Scotty Wray, Collin Raye)
14. Mama Sure Could Sing (Scotty Wray, Collin Raye)
Author: Buddy Iahn
Buddy Iahn founded The Music Universe when he decided to juxtapose his love of web design and music. As a lifelong drummer, he decided to take a hiatus from playing music to report it. The website began as a fun project in 2013 to one of the top independent news sites.