Hip hop artist and Atlanta native Riverknight is on the come up. He’s fresh, well liked and has massive mainstream potential. With over 94K Instagram followers, he’s on the fast rise to stardom. RIverknight’s music is fun, creative and vivid. It’s a nice little southern vibe. Catch it while you can.
1. What do you love most about making music?
I love feeling free and when I’m writing music that’s when I feel liberated. I am able to just be myself and make what I want with nobodies opinion but my own.
2. What super power do you wish you had?
My favorite super hero is flash so I’d love to have super speed.
3. If you could collaborate with any female artist, who would you pick and why?
Rihanna. I love her accent and I feel she’d push me past my limits and I love that.
4. Who is your celebrity crush?
I don’t really have a celebrity crush but I have been crushing on somebody for quite some time now. I think I might’ve dropped the ball when I beat her in Mortal Kombat a few weeks back. Yeah, I should have let her win.
5. What’s one food you cannot live without?
Hot wings! Actually, one of my closest friends Shelly owes me some hot wings as we speak.
6. Morning person or night owl?
Night owl. I always stay up late.
7. How do you stay so positive in a world full of negativity?
Life is about perspective. You can always find something to be grateful for even in the toughest situations. When I was younger my dad told me a story about two people in a room full of horse crap. One person was really upset and kept saying that the room stinks, the other person said “yeah it smells bad but I’m glad we get to see a horse this is exciting” so if you think the world is a negative place, change your perspective.
8. Who influences you musically?
My older brother was and still is my biggest influence. He’s amazing.
9. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
I make my bed every morning. My mom was big on a clean room when I was growing up.
10. Do you have any new projects in the works? What are you currently working on?
Right now I am working on my first album. I’m constantly in and out of the studio. I want my first album to show my range and depth as an artist because my supporters know River is deep.
Do you have a favorite artist you’d like to see answer my 10 Random Questions? Tweet me and let me know @brittwv