Film celebrates 35th anniversary in 2020
Mondo Music is celebrating the 35th anniversary of Back To The Future with the reissue of its original soundtrack on multi-colored vinyl this August. The label has partnered with the legendary poster artist Drew Struzan, the artist behind the original theatrical one sheet, to create all new packaging for this reissue. Featuring illustrations and unused poster art created in 1985 for the film, this vinyl reissue has been remastered and pressed on 180-gram colored vinyl.
Not to be confused with the masterful, essential complete score album, which is also available from Mondo, the LP features all of the songs from the film, including the film’s staples “Power of Love” and “Back In Time” by Huey Lewis and The News. It also includes songs by Lindsey Buckingham, Eric Clapton, Etta James, score suites by Alan Silvestri, and Marty McFly’s brilliant interpretation of Chuck Berry’s “Johnny B. Goode.”
The set also contains a “Save the Clock Tower” flyer as seen in the film.
No specific release date has been given as of press time, but shipping is expected in August, but is subject to change.
1. The Power Of Love – Huey Lewis and the News
2. Time Bomb Town – Lindsey Buckingham
3. Back To The Future – The Outatime Orchestra conducted by Alan Siilvestri
4. Heaven Is One Step Away – Eric Clapton
5. Back In Time – Huey Lewis and the News
1. Back To The Future Overture – The Outatime Orchestra conducted by Alan Siilvestri
2. The Wallflower (Dance With Me Henry) – Etta James
3. Night Train – Marvin Berry and the Starlighters
4. Earth Angel (Will You Be Mine) – Marvin Berry and the Starlighters
5. Johnny B. Goode – Marty McFly with the Starlighters
Author: Buddy Iahn
Buddy Iahn founded The Music Universe when he decided to juxtapose his love of web design and music. As a lifelong drummer, he decided to take a hiatus from playing music to report it. The website began as a fun project in 2013 to one of the top independent news sites.